Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling light headed after quiting?

Options
  • 05-12-2016 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

So I have been off the smokes cold turkey since 21st October and lately, I have been having this strange feeling. It is like I am on a boat. You know that feeling you get when you get off a boat and you still feel like you are on it? That feeling.

So, I thought it might be mild vertigo or something. So I went to the doctor and he checked my ears and saw no problem. He said it wasn't vertigo, that it was just light headed feeling. Apparently I am ok, I might have an ovarian cyst but I am waiting to get the ultrasound to check it.

I was wondering, does lightheaded feelings come after you quit? I mean the 21st October was a good bit away from now and if it is related to quitting smoking, it should have happened awhile ago. Anyone know what is going on? Doctor can't give me anything because he found nothing wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 headoverheels

Well done on quittiing, keep it up!
    I myself went cold turkey 3 weeks ago it wasn't my intention to quit at that point but I had a chest infection so I didn't smoke since and decided to keep going!

Week one wasnt so bad as I didn't have much mind for cigs but the second week
    was unbearable, I have the craziest exp from sweats to hallucinations to insomnia and dizziness too I haven't had a restful night in over 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if your dizziness is due to quitting but it can take such a toll on the body especially quitting cold turkey
    I read somewhere that withdrawal symptoms can last quite a while and certain things trigger these and alot if it depends on how long the person was smoking for.

I must say it has been the longest few weeks of my life and strange on top of that but im hoping I'll never look back i certainly won't be picking up a fag in a hurry.. there's no way I'm putting my body through this for nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Perhaps your lungs have repaired somewhat and you're now getting extra oxygen? If non smokers hyper ventilated they would get light headed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I used get that when I quit 15 years ago. Found water the best solution, whether I was dehydrated or what I don't know but it did help.

Advertisement