Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthier and tired-er

Options
  • 30-01-2016 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Quit the smokes a few weeks now. I was a heavy enough Rollie smoker read Allen Carr and here I am.

Anybody else noticed sleep being an issue? I can get to sleep no problem, I'm. Pretty active during the day anyway but religiously since I quit, I wake up at 6am or 5:30 wide awake and absolutely no chance of me getting back to sleep.

Has this happened anybody else and did it pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

MugMugs wrote: »
    Quit the smokes a few weeks now. I was a heavy enough Rollie smoker read Allen Carr and here I am.

Anybody else noticed sleep being an issue? I can get to sleep no problem, I'm. Pretty active during the day anyway but religiously since I quit, I wake up at 6am or 5:30 wide awake and absolutely no chance of me getting back to sleep.

Has this happened anybody else and did it pass?
    I know what you mean. I've been up for 2 hours already. I've just decided to accept it for now and just enjoy feeling healthier and going to bed at 9:30 :)

How are you holding up off the rollies?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

Same here, Maybe we dont need as much sleep now
    although I sleep more deeply now, than when I did when i was smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MyPeopleNeedMe

As somebody who during the past 20 years quit a few times, for 3+ months up to a year once, I can confirm this happens. In my experience it's due to detoxification processes. It will pass after a while. Then will come a period when it's extremely hard to get up, after about a year your sleep will return to where it should be, given there are no other factors at play at the time.

Advertisement