Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never been to a dentist!!! shock horror

Options
  • 29-01-2006 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Well i haven't, but i think i need to at this stage:(

Basically, MOST of my teeth are fine, except 4 front teeth on the lower jaw, they feel very weak, in fact, that are very weak, i don't really use them, if i'm eating something hard, like a cold chocolate bar or something, i kind of bit into it at the side.

There is plaque of course, i do use mouth wash, there is a slight improvement when i do but nothing major... I've always said that i'd like to just get them completely removed and have fake teeth put in, is this possible? I don't mean teeth that can be taken out when i please, i mean permanent replacements so to speak...

I take it this would be very expensive? what other options do i have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Basically there are two things that go wrong with teeth.
    1. Tooth decay - some people never get any tooth decay even if they are not the best at brushing or going to the dentist. But chances are there may be some between you teeth where you cant see them. Sensitivity to hot and cold and be the first sign of early decay.
    2. Gum disease - Bacteria left next to the gum will cause inflammation and bleeding gums. If this is let continue then periodontal disease can set in where the bone that holds your teeth in is destroyed, the gum bleed and the teeth get loose. Gum conditions are usually painless (some exceptions) Smoking really effects your gums in a bad way by cutting off the blood supply.

Sounds like you might have gum disease. Go to a dentist. Get you teeth cleaned and get some x-rays of your jaw bone and between your teeth. If you have to avoid teeth when eating, something is wrong :eek: and it will NOT get better by itself no matter how much mouthwash you use.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

how are visits to the dentist these days?

You know in friends when Rachel has to go to an eye doctor and she freaks out every time he goes near her eye... i could be like that with a dentist, it's weird!! Although i wouldn't be that severe, i wouldn't like it none the less.

Advertisement