Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin 3.0 Hub extra RJ11 telephone?

Options
  • 28-12-2020 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

i have the usual Virgin 3.0 Hub router,

pnIWzaOZj

the setup is fibre to the home, it then comes in to the house via Belden 1694A RG6 to the router,

the router has an RJ11 telephone socket in the rear to plug in the landline telephone which i currently have in operation.

now all said;
    i have an additional landline telephone in my attic and another RJ11 socket in my hall which i would like to have in operation,

the Irish telephone setup is two cores;
    i have a cat5e running from my living room to the attic then down to the socket in the hallway,
    two of its cores bring in the eir signal from the main box outside in to the living room,
    i was thinking;
    can i use the other 4 cores of that cat5e to crimp on RJ11 plugs to feed the socket in the hall and telephone in the attic.
    this way; i can plug both in to a 3way RJ11 splitter and plug in to the virgin hub,

then if i ever switch to an alternative network provider such as eir;
    i can simply unplug from the virgin router and plug in to the eir socket,

would this work or am i missing somthing?

if yes what is the best RJ11 crimping set to purchase for this job,

thanks.

Advertisement