Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor ariel from Amazon for UK channels in Ireland

Options
  • 22-11-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. Some advice help. I am trying to get extra TV channels for my mum in the simplest way possible. She doesn't have or want a satellite dish fitted and she has no wifi either. Just using saorview channels.

I've seen some indoor ariels on Amazon that seem to be able to get free UK channels but just plugging into the Tv.
    Has anyone bought one that worked and if so which one would you recommend.

Thanks ðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where in Ireland is she located? Unless she is right on the border in an ideal location there's zero chance an indoor aeriel will pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

Yeah unless she is close to the border that will not work. Maybe just bite the bullet and put up a dish to get the freesat channels. Well worth the one off cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boxplayer1

Where in Ireland is she located? Unless she is right on the border in an ideal location there's zero chance an indoor aeriel will pick them up.

Hi. Thanks so much.
    She is Tipperary. Yeah it seems it may not work

walshtipp wrote: »
    Yeah unless she is close to the border that will not work. Maybe just bite the bullet and put up a dish to get the freesat channels. Well worth the one off cost.

Cheers. She is in Tipperary. You could be right. It's not even the money it's convincing her to let us do it. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

boxplayer1 wrote: »
    Cheers. She is in Tipperary. You could be right. It's not even the money it's convincing her to let us do it. Thanks a million

Picture quality on the dish is excellant, great choice of free channels, it needs to face East/South East direction to get the channels so that determines what side of the house it can go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

Satellite dish and a Freesat box is the way to go. Brilliant service. I did the same in my house. I am assuming she is worried about the dish being an eyesore on the house?

walshtipp wrote: »
    Satellite dish and a Freesat box is the way to go. Brilliant service. I did the same in my house. I am assuming she is worried about the dish being an eyesore on the house?

Ah not that really it's just she hates causing effort for people, it could go on the chimney with the other ariel. Just thought there might have been a handier solution. Doesn't seem to be tho. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

boxplayer1 wrote: »

She would need to be living at the top of Sliabh na mBan to get the UK channels off an aerial in Tipp!

Advertisement