Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn missed out. You snooze you loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

EoinHef wrote: »
    Oh ye got one? Nice one.

Yup.

€1004.37 including VAT and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yup.

€1004.37 including VAT and delivery.

Good stuff,congrats!!

I had one in my basket at launch but ultimately its just a card thats not in my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The only thing I have heard about buying direct from AMD is don't do it. There is zero back end support if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The only thing I have heard about buying direct from AMD is don't do it. There is zero back end support if anything goes wrong.

I'll take my chances as it's the only way to get MSRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

After the horrific experience I had, I would never buy direct from them again.

Homelander wrote: »
    After the horrific experience I had, I would never buy direct from them again.

Why what happened you?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

6900 XT arrived today.
    Fastways lad literally rang the bell and drove off leaving it at the door, didn't even wait to make sure it answered. Luckily I was home.

If ordering from AMD direct they ship with DHL form the Netherlands but instead of DHL handling the delivery in Ireland, it's subbed out to fast ways.

If you're think you might but out when delivery happens, it night be worth getting delivered to somewhere you know someone will be there to take it for you.

Card itself is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

what's the better/straightforward benchmarking software? i've undervolted and overclocked my card and just want to run a few tests

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

what's the better/straightforward benchmarking software? i've undervolted and overclocked my card and just want to run a few tests

I use 3D Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Use Heaven myself but anything that stresses it and gives a score should be grand within reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

thanks for that. used heaven as 3d mark wouldn't let me download the free version.

decent jump from a score of 7739 to 7933 when overclocked and undervolted with an FPS of 314.9

Was a card drop there on AMD. Got there 7 minutes after stock drop notification and everything gone. Anyone got advise on how to set up a bot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Was a card drop there on AMD. Got there 7 minutes after stock drop notification and everything gone. Anyone got advise on how to set up a bot?

All models or just the 6900xt again?

SickBoy wrote: »
    All models or just the 6900xt again?

Not sure tbh, stock alert isn't that detailed, only says 6000 series stock alert with link to amd site

There was definitely 6800XT stock on scan but that if you wanted to pay £900 for it

All the models were available from AMD direct.

Would have got a 6800 XT myself if i could have

EoinHef wrote: »
    All the models were available from AMD direct.

Would have got a 6800 XT myself if i could have

What's that you're using to get them notifications? I'm on stock drop DC but your notification came in earlier on whatever group you're in than the DC I'm on

What's that you're using to get them notifications? I'm on stock drop DC but your notification came in earlier on whatever group you're in than the DC I'm on

I think it's Telegram.

Yeah its telegram,you would really need to be at the PC/phone and ready.

Back in college next week,be at the PC most of the day so hope to snag one in the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Rumor is that next Navi (Navi 31) will be dual-chiplet design. Literally 2X the compute of Navi 21.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-31-rumored-to-be-dual-80cu-chiplet-design-up-to-10240-cores

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

By 2022 they might actually have built enough capacity to produce some cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

By 2022 they might actually have built enough capacity to produce some cards!

I wouldn't count on it!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6800-pulse-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39d-sp.html

RX 6800 at OCUK. I know we've said they dont' ship to Ireland but it says "UK and Ireland only due to high demand" so maybe they're shipping here now, I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6800-pulse-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39d-sp.html

RX 6800 at OCUK. I know we've said they dont' ship to Ireland but it says "UK and Ireland only due to high demand" so maybe they're shipping here now, I don't know
    Why it is classified under "3D Printers"...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Still haven't sorted out shipping here yet.
    Wizard! wrote: »
    Why it is classified under "3D Printers"...? :confused:
    I'd say it was to help the forum members to grab them before the bots.
    They inform members before they put them on the site.

Northern Ireland.

Could I get it shipped to cousins so and then brought down over the border or use addresspal/parcelmotel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could I get it shipped to cousins so and then brought down over the border or use addresspal/parcelmotel

I'm pretty sure addresspal will charge Irish VAT on top of the price you pay so you will pay VAT twice.

Advertisement