Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AMD Navi Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Some XFX Speedster Merc 6800XTs showing up on Amazon across Europe this morning.
    Could be a good sign.

There's 6900xts on AMD direct buy right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/ie

Maybe 6800 available later in the year so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Just came online to post that.

I bought one even though I was only looking for a 6800 :D
    I'm sure if i get any buyers remorse i'll be able to sell it at cost.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Annnnnd they're gone.

There was 6800s as well €568 or something close to that.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

They did have some briefly there.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Just came online to post that.

I bought one even though I was only looking for a 6800 :D
    I'm sure if i get any buyers remorse i'll be able to sell it at cost.

Ha. Same.
    I wanted an all AMD build and now I'll have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

At this point i feel the 6800 XT is the hardest GPU to get currently.

Rarely alerts and if not direct buy,very overpriced usually.
    I have a 3080 currently but I really want the 6800 XT

EoinHef wrote: »
    At this point i feel the 6800 XT is the hardest GPU to get currently.

Rarely alerts and if not direct buy,very overpriced usually.
    I have a 3080 currently but I really want the 6800 XT

Yeah I'd definitely take the 6800xt over the 6900xt as the performance difference is not worth the price difference, but I'm getting bored of this scrambling to grab something before the bots ****e so I took what I could today.
    I guess I'll settle for the 6900xt :v

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd definitely take the 6800xt over the 6900xt as the performance difference is not worth the price difference, but I'm getting bored of this scrambling to grab something before the bota ****e so I took what I could today.
    I guess I'll settle for the 6900xt :v

Oh ye got one? Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn missed out. You snooze you loose.

Oh ye got one? Nice one.

Yup.

€1004.37 including VAT and delivery.

Yup.

€1004.37 including VAT and delivery.

Good stuff,congrats!!

I had one in my basket at launch but ultimately its just a card thats not in my budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The only thing I have heard about buying direct from AMD is don't do it. There is zero back end support if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The only thing I have heard about buying direct from AMD is don't do it. There is zero back end support if anything goes wrong.

I'll take my chances as it's the only way to get MSRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

After the horrific experience I had, I would never buy direct from them again.

Homelander wrote: »
    After the horrific experience I had, I would never buy direct from them again.

Why what happened you?

6900 XT arrived today.
    Fastways lad literally rang the bell and drove off leaving it at the door, didn't even wait to make sure it answered. Luckily I was home.

If ordering from AMD direct they ship with DHL form the Netherlands but instead of DHL handling the delivery in Ireland, it's subbed out to fast ways.

If you're think you might but out when delivery happens, it night be worth getting delivered to somewhere you know someone will be there to take it for you.

Card itself is very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

what's the better/straightforward benchmarking software? i've undervolted and overclocked my card and just want to run a few tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

what's the better/straightforward benchmarking software? i've undervolted and overclocked my card and just want to run a few tests

I use 3D Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Use Heaven myself but anything that stresses it and gives a score should be grand within reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

thanks for that. used heaven as 3d mark wouldn't let me download the free version.

decent jump from a score of 7739 to 7933 when overclocked and undervolted with an FPS of 314.9

Was a card drop there on AMD. Got there 7 minutes after stock drop notification and everything gone. Anyone got advise on how to set up a bot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Was a card drop there on AMD. Got there 7 minutes after stock drop notification and everything gone. Anyone got advise on how to set up a bot?

All models or just the 6900xt again?

SickBoy wrote: »
    All models or just the 6900xt again?

Not sure tbh, stock alert isn't that detailed, only says 6000 series stock alert with link to amd site

There was definitely 6800XT stock on scan but that if you wanted to pay £900 for it

All the models were available from AMD direct.

Would have got a 6800 XT myself if i could have

All the models were available from AMD direct.

Would have got a 6800 XT myself if i could have

What's that you're using to get them notifications? I'm on stock drop DC but your notification came in earlier on whatever group you're in than the DC I'm on

What's that you're using to get them notifications? I'm on stock drop DC but your notification came in earlier on whatever group you're in than the DC I'm on

I think it's Telegram.

Yeah its telegram,you would really need to be at the PC/phone and ready.

Back in college next week,be at the PC most of the day so hope to snag one in the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Rumor is that next Navi (Navi 31) will be dual-chiplet design. Literally 2X the compute of Navi 21.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-31-rumored-to-be-dual-80cu-chiplet-design-up-to-10240-cores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

By 2022 they might actually have built enough capacity to produce some cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

By 2022 they might actually have built enough capacity to produce some cards!

I wouldn't count on it!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6800-pulse-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39d-sp.html

RX 6800 at OCUK. I know we've said they dont' ship to Ireland but it says "UK and Ireland only due to high demand" so maybe they're shipping here now, I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6800-pulse-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39d-sp.html

RX 6800 at OCUK. I know we've said they dont' ship to Ireland but it says "UK and Ireland only due to high demand" so maybe they're shipping here now, I don't know
    Why it is classified under "3D Printers"...? :confused:

Still haven't sorted out shipping here yet.
    Wizard! wrote: »
    Why it is classified under "3D Printers"...? :confused:
    I'd say it was to help the forum members to grab them before the bots.
    They inform members before they put them on the site.

Northern Ireland.

Could I get it shipped to cousins so and then brought down over the border or use addresspal/parcelmotel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could I get it shipped to cousins so and then brought down over the border or use addresspal/parcelmotel

I'm pretty sure addresspal will charge Irish VAT on top of the price you pay so you will pay VAT twice.

I'm pretty sure addresspal will charge Irish VAT on top of the price you pay so you will pay VAT twice.

Thought OCUK were VAT registered here so that'd stop me getting charged twice.
    Edit: Nvm get watcha mean. OCUK would charge UK VAT to NI so I'd be paying Irish again then. So relatives are the only option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Most of my new build (including my 6800XT) are currently sitting in the in laws place in Tyrone. One of the few times I would be mad to visit them lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Thought OCUK were VAT registered here so that'd stop me getting charged twice

I don't think they are actually doing delivery to the republic at the moment. At least they weren't last week

They are Vat registered. It seems like that with the recent delivery problems and customs issues, they are just not bothering with dealing with Ireland right now.

[url="https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-xbox-series-x-and-pc-part-shortages-wont-end-soon-says-amd/1100-6486800/]PS5, Xbox Series X, And PC Part Shortages Won't End Soon, Says AMD[/url]

• Advertisement

I didn't realize there were still shortages on consoles. I got my series X a few days after launch.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Looks like AMD will be launching a 6700XT soon.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_radeon_rx_6700_xt_teased_with_12gb_of_memory_and_a_q1_launch_date/1

Another card I can't wait not to be able to buy! :pac:

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a 6900 XT from AMD on launch day. I remember reading on here they were still in stock on AMD's website. The main reason was it is a dear card but doesn't look that dear when you try to find 6800 XT for the same price as 6900 XT from a retailer. Mad prices for a 6800 XT.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a 6900 XT from AMD on launch day. I remember reading on here they were still in stock on AMD's website. The main reason was it is a dear card but doesn't look that dear when you try to find 6800 XT for the same price as 6900 XT from a retailer. Mad prices for a 6800 XT.

I picked up a 6900Xt direct from AMD a few weeks back, I wanted the 6800XT because the difference in performance doesn't justify the difference in price.

That said, delighted with the card, especially when I see what 3080's and 6800xts are selling for. Was half tempted to flog this at profit but then I'd have many money and no card, and that would be no craic.

Whisper quit, even under load, doesn't get very warm and fans turn off at 50c. If i manually ramp it up to 100% fan speed is gets kinda loud in my case, but i've never heard it over case fans in use yet.

My only dilema now, so do I want to sell my 5600x and get a 5900x and be a total AMD fanboy wanker?

My only dilema now, so do I want to sell my 5600x and get a 5900x and be a total AMD fanboy wanker?

Only if you're playing at 1080p :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement