Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 34 New Orleans - Traveling from Ireland

• 18-04-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Thread for all things traveling to mania related.

What we know or at least strongly suspect so far.

WWE

Wrestlemania - Mercedes-Benz Superdome

Hall of Fame/NXT/Raw/Smackdown - The Smoothie King Center

Axxess 4 days - Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

WWE are using Hyatt hotels for at least some of the travel Packages. (Suspected from Wrestlecon post to say they've been blocked by Hyatts)

Here is the list of last years WWE Travel Packages and prices
    Expect similar but slight increase in price every year http://www.wwe.com/wrestlemania-travel-2017

Wrestlecon

The Convention will be across the street from Axxess presumably the Sugar Mill

The live wrestling events will be on Canal street no venue named

The Drury Inn will be one of the Wrestlecon group rate hotels (They will have at least 2)

WWN

Live events will be at the The Pontchartrain Convention Center.

TIPS

I went to 30 in New Orleans and have been keeping an eye on hotels. Hotels are in low supply and are expensive compared to Orlando and most places really.

I suggest booking ASAP a refundable rate if you're planning on booking outside of package or staying extra nights with the package. They got very VERY expensive last time nearer the time of Mania and I spoke to many people who stayed in complete dumps and paid over the odds for the pleasure. I booked a nice hotel at $135 a night inc breakfast the day it was released for 34, the same hotel a week later is $315.

If you stay around the French Quarter you can walk to everything listed above with the exception on WWN Live events, thats about 15 mile outside of Bourbon Street.

Touristy Stuff

Im sure there's also way more to do but last time we went to the aquarium, it was nice but nothing overly special, saw some proper jazz bands which was very cool, went to the French market, tried to eat at all the Man VS Food restaurants of which I remember Mothers and Dickie Brennan's being amazing.

Bourbon street is crazy for bars day and night, it all very causal dress wise and you can bring your drinks from bar to to bar or just drink on the street its all allowed.

....and that's about all I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Marty91

Wrestlemania 34 is a must next year. I've only been once and that was Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta.

I got the Silver package and the price for the 4 night stay was $1,228. I know every year the price has risen. still debating if I should go with the package again or do everything separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I booked three hotel rooms for myself and my friends through Booking.com last week for a weird looking place just outside the French Quarter. Accommodation looks very tricky for this one so happy to get sorted early on.

I booked Days Inn: Pontchartrain. $443 for 6 nights, Thursday - Wednesday. nothing fancy, but it has good reviews and the price is great. the only downside is, I'd have to get a cab/uber for everything. according to google maps it's about an 8-15 minute ride, not the worst. but with everything in walking distance I'd like to book a hotel in the FQ, but most are either booked up or just crazy prices.

For Dallas two years ago we were booked in some absolute **** hole but I checked the week before the trip and managed to get us into somewhere much nicer for a good price. Guess a lot of people had multiple rooms booked and then cancelled late on so if you got a refundable rate keep an eye open as rooms open up nearer the time.

I'll keep my eye on hotels in the FQ. the price right now for a 6 night stay is anywhere between 1,500-3,000 on booking.com and hotels.com. the hotel I have booked now isn't bad at all, it's just the location. if rooms open up at a reasonable rate, I'll definitely book it.

• Advertisement

In Orlando we were 26 miles from the stadium and actually thinking about it Arlington (where the stadium was for WM32 two years ago) was 19 miles from Dallas so we were probably 22+ miles from the stadium then too so it'll be weird being walking distance from Mania next year.

Everything was in walking distance for WM27, which was great. that's why I'd like to book a hotel in the FQ because it would be convenient. but for right now, I'm happy with what I have. just waiting for flights to open up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

Flights via Aer Lingus website currently €557 with 1 stop over most dates available. Seems like a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 overcaesar

Anyone have any notion on when the packages for 2018 go on sale? Can find nothing at all online.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1B005336AF054FD7

Ring Of Honor on sale next week. Presale for Ringside members. Looks to be set up for about 5-6000

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Guessing packages will be announced in the next two weeks

overcaesar wrote: »
    Anyone have any notion on when the packages for 2018 go on sale? Can find nothing at all online.

Nothing official, but we can speculate
    http://travel2mania.com/PreviousPackageOnSaleDates.html

WrestleMania 34 tickets available Friday Nov. 17; Travel Packages available Oct. 30 | WWE
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-34/article/wrestlemania-34-tickets-information?sf122714416=1#close

got my Mania tickets. Surprisingly straight-forward this year. Any word on when Raw and SD are on sale?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Any word on when Raw and SD are on sale?
    End of Nov, early Dec
    http://travel2mania.com/PreviousPackageOnSaleDates.html
    SarahVOW wrote: »
    WrestleMania 34 tickets available Friday Nov. 17; Travel Packages available Oct. 30 | WWE
    Will you have another Event table for me this year ?? :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Are these still available?

It says 'Sale ended'?

https://travelpackages.wwe.com/event/wrestlemania-34

Packages are finished.

You can only get tickets now via Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Already? Do they ever release more of them?

• Advertisement

Not Packages no, you'll have to purchase all seperatley now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thinking of doing rumble or mania in 2019

prob look for package Gold or Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Atletikane

Hi there,

Making my first trip to Mania! Got my tickets and now looking at flights....

Anyone with any advice on the process of connection flights and how much time to allow for a connection flight? I am looking at flights with United going into either New York or Washington and wondering how it will work out. 1hr 20mins or they even offering a flight with a 59min connection. I take it I will have to go through clearance/security? What about baggage?

Anyone with prior experience or flying out this year who can share wisdom please :)

Thanks

Are those flights on the same booking or are you booking a flight into the US and then booking a separate internal flight into NOLA?

Are you flying from Dublin?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Are those flights on the same booking or are you booking a flight into the US and then booking a separate internal flight into NOLA?

Are you flying from Dublin?
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes, same booking....and from what I've read since I posted they handle my bags getting to the second flight and if the first is delayed they will assist (if i miss the second) but if i book seperately it is a risk and my responsibility.

And yup, flying out of Dublin. I've found out since too that they have a prescreen in Dublin for entering the US which allays my concern of a hold up on the other side.

Having found the above out I feel more confident with the possible booking...just need them prices to come down a bit!

Usually when you're coming into the US even if you're on a connection on the same ticket you have to reclaim your bags and straight away recheck them. I'm flying to NOLA from London and will have to do that. Flying from Dublin will be much easier as your bag will go straight through. You'll land as an internal passenger and will just walk through to the gate that you're departing from. You should be fine.

What sort of price are you getting? It doesn't look as cheap as the last couple of years were. I was originally going to fly from Dublin but the price difference was only about £80 so not worth it.

Ah great, cheers - sounds like it should *should* be a breeze!

The flights are dear! It's my first time but I remember looking the last couple of years and for sure it was cheaper. I'd say in sterling (I'm from the North!) it's roughly £570 each. Have you saw it much cheaper than that lately? I'm not sure it will get any cheaper so think I'll book it soon.
    How long are you staying for? I think I'll do Thurs - Tues.

I paid £272 for Dallas and about £400 last year (both from Dublin). My flight from London this year is £603 so a fair bit more. I was getting about £500 when I was looking at Dublin a couple of weeks ago though.

TBH I doubt it's going to come down much now. When you see a price that you can live with I'd recommend booking and never checking again.

I'm staying Thursday to Wednesday (doing Smackdown this year too).

Have you sorted accommodation?

Yes, they have come down a bit and you're right I'm happy with what they are at so I'll get it booked!

Ah fair play, I think I will be all wrestled out come the Tuesday so as a first timer I will bow out then!

Looks like the best deals for accommodation are long gone! I've a mate going so we are splitting the cost of a hotel room. Fairly central and within walking to most events.

• Advertisement

That's the great thing about this year. With Dallas the show was 20 miles from the City in Arlington and last year we ended up having to stay 20 miles away again. This year everything is so central.

If you have any other questions let us know. Do you have much planned other than the main show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

Looking at Flights at the moment, the cheapest has a layover in IAD Washington Dulles of 1hr 20mins.
    is this enough time to get onto the connecting flight?

Flying from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

flying from cork via london and north carolina at the moment from wednesday to tuesday is looking around 650. hopefully get it down a bit more but i cant wait either way! my 3rd mania after 26 and last year hopefully its as good a week.plenty to do there have most of my trip planned out.many else from here going? should organise a few drinks over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 panpanini

Hi guys, I have bought 2 Axxess tickets for Saturday’s session at 1pm (5/4/18) I’m looking to get rid of them in favour of going to other events.

As this session is NOT sold out, I’m selling both tickets for under face value at $40 each. The tickets are eTickets & I can accept money via Paypal.

So if you’re thinking of going to this Axxess session or know someone who is, just drop me a DM on here. Thanks.

anyone got any Balor VIP axxess tickets for sale?

• Advertisement

Also after 2 Balor if any around! And two raw tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Have made last minute decision to go to Mania.

Looking for 1x NXT and 1x Hall of fame ticket.
    Also 2x smackdown tickets.

Might have a hof wil know in few days! If I do il also have a supercard of honor ticket if interested

what's everyones thoughts on going to ROH vs NXT?

I’m going to roh even though nxt looks good. Was very disappointed with nxt last year and with roh you have festival of honor to! So for the price of your ticket you have events all day long to there’s q n a sessions matches meet n greets loads!

• Advertisement

I’m going to roh even though nxt looks good. Was very disappointed with nxt last year and with roh you have festival of honor to! So for the price of your ticket you have events all day long to there’s q n a sessions matches meet n greets loads!

I went to NXT last year but wasn't really into any of the talents as much as this year, Black vs Almas should be great. I'm not too pushed on festival of honor, will be at Axxess 1-5pm - would mainly be going for Omega vs Cody, just sort of thinking it'll be more of what we can already see at OTT in Dublin at ROH as opposed to the big production for NXT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone doing a travel to WM blog don’t forget to share your Instagram, snapchat or whatever you use with the rest of us so we can join in the fun and pretend you’re there with ye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LivK_x

Hey everyone!   So I'm a little bit late to the party here but this will be my first Wrestlemania trip with my husband, we travel from Belfast to Dublin tomorrow and then fly Dublin to Newark - New Orleans.   Dreading the flying already but will be worth it.   A wee liquid breakfast will help the flight nerves haha Anyone else traveling from Dublin on Wednesday?   Our flight is like 9.20am xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DonMuraco

Best of luck to everyone travelling to New Orleans. I wont be going myself, but went in 2014. I flew from Dublin to Philadelphia/North Caroline/New Orleans...the travel was a nightmare, but the trip was well worth it..

If I could make any recommendations...take minimal time in axxess...the attraction items are superb, but you'll have those covered very quickly...the lines for the wrestlers are beyond belief long, so there's no point, head over to wrestlecon for a much more fun atmosphere and way smaller lines..

Or alternatively, if you want to spot some of the wrestlers, they stayed in The Renaissance Hotel in the French Quarter in 2014...just dress in regular clothes, don't have 50 items in your hand to be signed, and if the doorman ask's you why you're there, just say for breakfast...and you'll get a photo with a few wwe people...again, just be discreet..

If you fancy a pint, id avoid Bourbon Street....no harm in going to see it, but you'll do much better in Frenchman Street...some great 'dive' bars, well priced drink, great music, and great food carts for afters..

Advertisement