Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone a member of Digital Spy?

Options
  • 17-05-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

It's like the UK version of this site where people can discuss about anything. I'm almost at 1000 posts on there. I think here with Ireland is well moderated compared to Digital Spy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I used to be a member a few years back there but found the moderating to be appalling. Too many know it alls who were immune to moderating on the sections I would frequent too so I don't bother anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a TV site - deals with soaps and such. Not in my area of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

It does have non tv stuff. The politics side of it was heavily UKIP shading into fascism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It does have non tv stuff. The politics side of it was heavily UKIP shading into fascism.

What? I've found the Politics board overwhelming anti-Brexit/Ukipper, obviously there are Brexiteers on there but they get shouted down by facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

What? I've found the Politics board overwhelming anti-Brexit/Ukipper, obviously there are Brexiteers on there but they get shouted down by facts.

I haven’t posted there in years - it was certainly all that long before the U.K. referendum. Good to see a change then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've been on it, usually looking for discussions on BBC radio.
    Is it the closest thing to a UK version of Boards.ie or is there anything else similar? I listen to more BBC radio (RTE is useless) than anything here so I'd be interested.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, have been on it for a few years. I only really post in the general discussion forum the odd time. Posters are mixed and most are okay but there is one Scottish poster who has a nasty dislike of Irish people and anything Irish.

The UK doesn't really seem to have an equivalent to Boards.ie which is a bit of a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is this not those gay ads on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I used to be a member for years but they banned about three times for the slightest things, and I am convinced one of those times was due to an irl argument I was in with someone. I got the impression that the people there were really nice and interesting but its management is shocking. I am really pissed at how they banned me and am really glad the site is dying.

This was a feature of websites with large communities in the early 2000s, how they would often ban for any or no reason, just on a power trip sometimes. It was both unethical and unjust. Nowadays they're facing stiff competition from other social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I'm on it years and check in every once in a while, I find it good to hear the uk aspect on some world news like trump and brexit their views on the nth etc. I think its moderated light-handedly shame other forums aren't the same imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Things must've changed then.

Advertisement