Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward Christmas Present request!

Options
  • 13-12-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right place here...

My daughter (11) has asked me for some Speech & Drama-type books for Xmas... she was hoping for some kind of study-guides, for the want of a better word, to help her when writing plays, short-stories etc...

Can anybody recommend anything suitable? Apologies for the vague description... she loves her S&D and is always writing little plays, short-stories etc, I hope she keeps it up...

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Writing-Handbook-Jay-Amberg/dp/1596472766

This might be just what you're after?
    I'm not sure what it's called, or how much it is but my friends doing Creative Writing in college tell me you can get a special programme for the computer that writes in play format for you? Might be nice and encourage her to keep up a great hobby... can be tedious editing it to look like a play on microsoft word!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

carolmarx wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Writing-Handbook-Jay-Amberg/dp/1596472766

This might be just what you're after?
    I'm not sure what it's called, or how much it is but my friends doing Creative Writing in college tell me you can get a special programme for the computer that writes in play format for you? Might be nice and encourage her to keep up a great hobby... can be tedious editing it to look like a play on microsoft word!

That is ideal - thank you very much...

Advertisement