Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old mr brennan

Options
  • 01-11-2002 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

can anybody tell me where this comes from? i think its recorded from the radio but im not sure - i found it on an old cassette tape which had been gathering dust for at least 10 years. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Wow - thats an old one

Many years ago, the guy who did the voice in the Brennans Bread ad did a "rude" version as a bit of a laugh.This was intended for internal use only, but as is often the case, the best laid plans often go astray - and I believe it was accidentally aired on 2fm which caused a right stink.
    It is quite possible that the tape you have was recorded off the radio, as quite a few radio enthusiasts (anoraks to you and me) managed to tape it and distribute it after it was broadcast

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Yeah a friend of mine has a recording of it from the radio. Where are you from cos I was told it was leaked by WLR in Waterford and another friend of mine who works for WLR confirmed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

form kildare, me. dunno where the tape came from - just found it in a box of tapes in the attic. i thought it might be from a comedy sketch show or something, cos theres a few other spoof ads on the tape too - an ad for "foxford blankets - f**k on the foxford label" and one for tetra-delta sheep dip or something. these ring zny bells??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Nope, only heard the Brennans one.

Wouldnt surprise me if some enthusiast put a load of them together on a tape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

back in 1985 a sound enginer in rte put together a few out takes from, at the time well known ads. the best one were the one s that frank kelly did. As well as the ads was an austrailian comic singing a song about "santa claus you cu*t wheres me ****1ng bike". It quickly became a collectors item. Sadly i mislaid my copy over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

That Australian comic is Kevin Bloody Wilson - if you do a google, you should be able to find a download of that song - class stuff alright :D

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barryjohnbyrne

Hey,
    I had that tape too, comical, any chance you could convert it to a mp3 or any format and share it, would love to hear it again...gas!

Regards,

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barryjohnbyrne

Hey,
    I had that tape too, comical, any chance you could convert it to a mp3 or any format and share it, would love to hear it again...gas!

Regards,

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

10 years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

F$$$ me, just reading this thread and thinking I remember a thread like this from years ago, and then I realise it is from 2002. Still never found my copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Had that tape about 20 years ago if memory serves me right....would love to have it again.

"Foxford blankets give luxurious comfort, ride after ride......f*ck on the Foxford label."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

acid wrote: »
    form kildare, me. dunno where the tape came from - just found it in a box of tapes in the attic. i thought it might be from a comedy sketch show or something, cos theres a few other spoof ads on the tape too - an ad for "foxford blankets - f**k on the foxford label" and one for tetra-delta sheep dip or something. these ring zny bells??

Tetra-Delta......"it's not bad forthe red spots on yer ould mickey either!"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭properbo

i had this tape also yrs ago. kevin bloody wilson was on one side then on the other was loads of these ad. man id love 2 hear them again if anyone can upload them??..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I remember this ad and a few more and i remember the tape it was actually an italia 90 football tape or some such. but it defo had a few or the irish songs on it and a few of these ads. it was like an old version of giftgrub. it had a tricolour on the front and i think some radio station made the tape. thats all i remember and i dont have it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theresnoknowing

Is this the tape mentioned above? Any chance of getting access?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theresnoknowing

Is this the tape mentioned above? Any chance of getting access?

Ditto from me - been looking for this tape for years

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ditto from me - been looking for this tape for years

did you reply to yourself and say "ditto"? anyway this might be what they are referring to

Advertisement