Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tank feed electric showers?

Options
  • 26-02-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Guys quick question,what showers are feed from tank,Hard to find out,Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I think all electric showers have to be tank feed.

They usually have a warning " Do not connect to mains supply".

Triton shower manual:
    T90sr electric shower ! IMPORTANT ! Under *NO circumstances should this shower be connected directly to a mains water supply. It is designed for GRAVITY FED. COLD WATER systems ONLY !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Guys quick question,what showers are feed from tank,Hard to find out,Thanks

I think all electric showers need tank feed.
    I assume this is continual preasure.
    Mains preasure too strong and element restricted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Triton t90 sr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Mira elite se & triton t90sr are the only two tank fed electric showers. The Triton T90sr silent is much better than the Mira Elite SE

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I think all electric showers need tank feed.
    I assume this is continual preasure.
    Mains preasure too strong and element restricted..

Lads try not give out bad info if a quick Google shows there are many versions of both. While most households have tank fed. When downstairs bathrooms are being installed they are often mains (water) fed electric showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Lads try not give out bad info if a quick Google shows there are many versions of both. While most households have tank fed. When downstairs bathrooms are being installed they are often mains (water) fed electric showers

I think we have free speach in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭John.G

A tank fed shower will guarantee the required pressure required for proper operation of the shower as it has its own internal pump whereas a mains fed shower doesn't but works very well in places with a pressure of ~ 2.5bar or more like my own 14 year old one, installed upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

How does the T90Sr compare to the T80z?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Baoithin66 wrote:
    How does the T90Sr compare to the T80z?

T80z is a mains fed shower. The performance can fluctuate throughout the day. In many parts of Dublin a mains fed shower will only put out cold water at peak times. The only time we will install a mains fed shower on a new installation is if it comes off the tank and a pump is installed

Triton t90sr is a pumped electric shower and is tank fed. The pump doesn't mean that there will be better pressure. It means that there will be constant pressure throughout the day. Pumped electric are designed for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Thanks -saved me buying the wrong one

• Advertisement
Advertisement