Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare and Kerry Holiday August

Options
  • 21-02-2021 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi

Thinking of booking 10 days in August. Has anyone done a similar trip?

I was thinking of staying in Lahinch for 2 nights and undecided on the rest really.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

heffo500 wrote: »
    Hi

I was thinking of staying in Lahinch for 2 nights and undecided on the rest really.

Thanks
    Book tickets to Skellig Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Akrasia wrote: »
    Book tickets to Skellig Michael

Will do, thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Hi

Thanks

You need to get booking fast. My friend can’t find anywhere Self-Catering in Kilkee last week in July. I even rang friends with houses who usually don’t advertise online and they are booked out months. Hotels may be different but I wouldn’t delay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Lahinch will be absolutely rammed . I would look for somewhere more isolated .

We hope to get to West Kerry , but will be self catering and going to a very quiet beach for a swim. We won’t be going to pubs or eating out .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lahinch will be absolutely rammed . I would look for somewhere more isolated .

We hope to get to West Kerry , but will be self catering and going to a very quiet beach for a swim. We won’t be going to pubs or eating out .

there are so many nicer beaches along the west coast than Lahinch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We spent 3 days in a house in Killorglin last summer. It's a good base for Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Basing ourselves in Limerick for a week in July with day trips planned throughout Limerick & Clare

Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee & Doolin Caves (if they're open), Craggaunown, Bunratty, Foynes Museum (again if they're open)

Plenty of other beaches should Lahinch be packed but Lahinch does seem to have better amenities, including lots of cafes & takeaways

Fungi may have left Dingle but the Shannon Estuary is home to upwards of 200 dolphins apparently and they're often spotted from the shore around Clare

If all else fails there shouldn't be a problem with social distancing in the Burren & could alaways to a drive-by of Fr. Ted's House

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

Will do, thanks for the advice

You will need to book the Skellig's very quickly after they announce how many boats are allowed for the season(Normally end Mar/Apr I think). They are snapped up very quickly

Advertisement