Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Toyota Camroad Hiace Camper

Options
  • 19-02-2021 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Has anyone imported a Camroad or Hiace camper ?
    If it is previously registered as a camper in Japan is it easy to register/VRT.

And will camper insurance companies welcome them?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I did back in 2009. I used an agent in the UK to bid in the auctions, that cost me £500 but it was well worth it. The process at the time went link this.

Bid in auction and win, you pay what's called the fee on boards price (FOB)which is the auction price + shipping
    They send you paper work by DHL then you wait and wait and wait for it to arrive, Eventually you get a call that it's on the docks. You get a customs clearance agent to talk to customs, it cost about 150 euro, the you pay customs duty at 10% then vat as came from out side the EU on the sum of FOB + duty x 23% the you go to the VRT guys and get taken for more. Still have camper and it's a 30 year old rusty bus that you'll have to climb over my cold dead boy to get,

Things have changes and you have to go the NCT there may be something to do with nox too. Oh and they drink diesel but still you should do it they rock

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Thanks for they reply . Did you get the Camroad or Hiace? They both look very well designed. I’d be leaning towards the camroad as I have a young family the extra space would come in handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Thanks for they reply . Did you get the Camroad or Hiace? They both look very well designed. I’d be leaning towards the camroad as I have a young family the extra space would come in handy!

Hiace, LH119 long wheel base with a high top roof

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Hi Everyone, sorry to jump on this thread. Really considering trying to import a Toyota Camroad into Ireland. Only starting the process and feels very daunting right now. Can ask if you got sorted Ricardo? and if so what route you went? Thank you

Advertisement