Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community in Spain

Options
  • 14-02-2021 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello everyone!

Iv recently brought some property in northern Spain (Galicia). I want to start a small community over there. I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in going over (after the pandemic) and helping me build it? Of course you will be awarded with your own place to live. The land is buildable land with beautiful streams and forestry. I’m located in Galway myself. If anyone is interested or even has some advice please let me know. Thanks a million.

I'm adding a little extra text to explain more. I myself would like to farm some of the land, build a small place to live, have an outside communal kitchen. Maybe after time build some treehouses or yurts to rent out to people and invest the money in the land/community. I also would like to build a yoga studio. But they are just ideas. It's a community I want to build. I don't want to be setting rules or telling anyone what it will look like cause it's more of a shared experience. All ideas welcome. i'm just posting this here to see if i can find some open minded people that would be interested in coming along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

https://www.facebook.com/ANewLifeInTheSun/

The directors of this TV programme are looking for people who have bought their own hamlet or village in Europe. Scroll down to their post made about 20th January. It might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Barbrother

Thanks! Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,747 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How far from the beach are you

20 minutes drive

How much land did you buy, is it cheap land.

• Advertisement

1.5 hectares. Certainly not cheap!

Is it easy to build in spain, or is it full or red tape like in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

What kind of community? Do you envisage it having a particular theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The remit is much too vague. People will only want to build a community with 'like-minded people' so you'll need to explain a bit more about yourself and your vision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

26650340-0-image-m-9_1585687506623.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ax530

Are you selling sites or looking for people to come work on building your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Try the woof program, might be what you are looking for

https://wwoof.ie/

What kind of community? Do you envisage it having a particular theme?

Not really sure what the out come will be... I have a building history myself. So I can put that to use. No theme. I updated my post to explain a little more so check that out. i have the land now i want to see what comes out of it. if you are interested let me know!!! :)

bilbot79 wrote: »
    The remit is much too vague. People will only want to build a community with 'like-minded people' so you'll need to explain a bit more about yourself and your vision

i explained more in my posted sorry. i don't really have vision. Wanted to see what people came up with. :p

ted1 wrote: »
    Try the woof program, might be what you are looking for

https://wwoof.ie/

Oh yeah!!! i wwoofed before myself!! thats a great idea..... i do want people to live there full time too. i lived in a lot of squated land over the years. Some amazing places. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Isgregalive

I'd be interested in learning more. Currently in Mallorca and haven't really considered long-term build plans but like the concept of intentional living. Do you envision a co-op arrangement or how do you see this being structured?

Advertisement