Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Panel Battery Fault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 macattack177

Hi guys my HKC alarm has being showing panel battery fail for ages and has started to go off even when not armed. So I turned it off at the mains and disconnected the battery and put a meter on it and it reads 13.1volts and ideas? There is not battery in the key pad.
    Cheers Cormac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi guys my HKC alarm has being showing panel battery fail for ages and has started to go off even when not armed. So I turned it off at the mains and disconnected the battery and put a meter on it and it reads 13.1volts and ideas? There is not battery in the key pad.
    Cheers Cormac

There is no battery in the keypad unless its wirefree.
    You can get a reading but testing with load applied will give you a more accurate results.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Hi all, I have the HKC panel - installed 2009. Battery replacement long overdue, i have opened panel and it says BS127N, so it's a 12V 7.2A battery. Can I confirm that the Y7-12 battery mentioned here is ok for a replacement?
    thanks,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would be fine yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Our self monitored hkc alarm has started to show the "panel battery fault". Is it normal for it to require a new battery after 5 year's ?

• Advertisement

Our self monitored hkc alarm has started to show the "panel battery fault". Is it normal for it to require a new battery after 5 year's ?

5/7 years depending on location on main control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

HI Folks,
    My local Battery world store has a 12V 7.5ah in stock. Will this be ok for a HKC 812 panel? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Can never get my head around Voltage and amps

claw14 wrote: »
    HI Folks,
    My local Battery world store has a 12V 7.5ah in stock. Will this be ok for a HKC 812 panel? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Can never get my head around Voltage and amps

Should be all good but battery size can differ.

If you can take out the old battery and bring it with you when going in.

Thanks,
    If I disconnect the power and take the battery out of the panel. Will the outside bell/siren go off ? I am guessing the keypad will be dead with power and battery gone.

Thanks,
    If I disconnect the power and take the battery out of the panel. Will the outside bell/siren go off ? I am guessing the keypad will be dead with power and battery gone.

If you disconnect the mains and control panel battery is dead then yes the system will power off and the external bell should ring.

How long depends on battery in external bell or if a shutoff timer is on the bell itself.

• Advertisement

ok, I don't want to leave the external bell going. I'll chance the battery and hopefully it fits.

Thanks for your help.

ok, I don't want to leave the external bell going. I'll chance the battery and hopefully it fits.

Thanks for your help.

If you leave the power on then you just need to put your code in to silence alarm when you remove the lid on the control panel.

Hi Guys,
    I have a battery sorted for the panel now. I am wondering if I should change the battery in the siren also? I know the battery in the siren has not been changed in years (6+). I don't have any errors yet but I don't want the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.
    Anyone know what type of batter is in the siren linked to the HKC 812 and if these need to be changed ?

Hi Guys,
    I have a battery sorted for the panel now. I am wondering if I should change the battery in the siren also? I know the battery in the siren has not been changed in years (6+). I don't have any errors yet but I don't want the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.
    Anyone know what type of batter is in the siren linked to the HKC 812 and if these need to be changed ?

It all depends on the external bell used.
    Do you know which type you have?

Also if you down powered the system today did the bell ring as that would indicate the battery is working.

Hi again, I am getting a tamper error on the bell box again. I believe its when the wind hits it directly. Alarm went off again with a tamper error on the bell box. Is it possible to disable the tamper switch in the bell box? I am not really concerned about it been tampered with, but it is a pain when it goes off in the middle of the night with the alarm not set.... thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi again, I am getting a tamper error on the bell box again. I believe its when the wind hits it directly. Alarm went off again with a tamper error on the bell box. Is it possible to disable the tamper switch in the bell box? I am not really concerned about it been tampered with, but it is a pain when it goes off in the middle of the night with the alarm not set.... thanks

Hi if you get up to the bell box and short out the pair connecting to the tamper switch. Alternatively remove the tamper return connection at the panel and place a 4k7 resistor across tamper return and BHO. You must leave the BHO connection in the panel also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

I think I've a battery fault with my HKC. Every couple of hours the main panel in the hot press will begin to give a single beep every 40 seconds. Then it will stop. Couple of hours later it will start to beep again. There's no alerts etc. on the display panel. Very annoying especially since it's between our room and the baby's room.

Is it just the case of me getting a new 12V 7A battery? Turning mains off and replacing the old battery? We're only in the house 2 years so not sure when it was last changed.

Or could it be something else completely? I've attached a photo to show what the system is like. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Thanks to advice on thread, got a battery and easily replaced. Then realised I needed a 2nd battery, it was gone in each of the boxes/panels on the wall. I somehow have the eng.code so got in and did a test of all the sensors and bells and everything is back to normal!

raheny red wrote: »
    I think I've a battery fault with my HKC. Every couple of hours the main panel in the hot press will begin to give a single beep every 40 seconds. Then it will stop. Couple of hours later it will start to beep again. There's no alerts etc. on the display panel. Very annoying especially since it's between our room and the baby's room.

Is it just the case of me getting a new 12V 7A battery? Turning mains off and replacing the old battery? We're only in the house 2 years so not sure when it was last changed.

Or could it be something else completely? I've attached a photo to show what the system is like. Thanks in advance.

You sure its the panel the beeps are coming from and not a smoke detector?
    If you had a issue with the battery in the panel it would show on the keypad after you enter your code.

Also, just be careful with the mains in the control panel as its in the connector block beside the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

:pac:
    altor wrote: »
    You sure its the panel the beeps are coming from and not a smoke detector?
    If you had a issue with the battery in the panel it would show on the keypad after you enter your code.

Also, just be careful with the mains in the control panel as its in the connector block beside the battery.

Haha ffs! You've just saved me a bit of embarrassment by not having to call someone out! There was a smoke alarm just under the panel hidden away. Why the previous owners had it there I don't know! Cheers for the that, gave me a laugh too! :D

• Advertisement

sassyj wrote: »
    Thanks to advice on thread, got a battery and easily replaced. Then realised I needed a 2nd battery, it was gone in each of the boxes/panels on the wall. I somehow have the eng.code so got in and did a test of all the sensors and bells and everything is back to normal!

I have 2 panels in the house, the one at the main door is saying "panel battery fault", would you know if this is just the panel ? what sort of batter does it need ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

I have 2 panels in the house, the one at the main door is saying "panel battery fault", would you know if this is just the panel ? what sort of batter does it need ? thanks

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/lead-acid-batteries/5375488/

They are normally 7v lead acid sealed.

Just did mine last night. easy to do at the main control box.

raheny red wrote: »
    :pac:

Haha ffs! You've just saved me a bit of embarrassment by not having to call someone out! There was a smoke alarm just under the panel hidden away. Why the previous owners had it there I don't know! Cheers for the that, gave me a laugh too! :D

:D You wont be the last person caught out by that either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/lead-acid-batteries/5375488/

They are normally 7v lead acid sealed.

Just did mine last night. easy to do at the main control box.

Careful:

Its 12 volts and 7 amps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

kub wrote: »
    Careful:

Its 12 volts and 7 amps ;)

Thats what I said :o

Thanks - so this battery is also for the keypad ? If that is the case, should'nt both my keypads be showing me the battery fault ?

Thats what I said :o

Sorry i assumed that the v you put after the number 7 meant volts.

Thanks - so this battery is also for the keypad ? If that is the case, should'nt both my keypads be showing me the battery fault ?

Well the 12 volt 7 amp unit as pictured previously is a Panel Battery and yes you are correct, both keypads should indeed be displaying the same message.

What is the make and model of your alarm panel please?

kub wrote: »
    Well the 12 volt 7 amp unit as pictured previously is a Panel Battery and yes you are correct, both keypads should indeed be displaying the same message.

What is the make and model of your alarm panel please?

It's a hkc alarm, just picked up the 12v 7amp battery but didn't open the internal box yet as I need to confirm the engineer code first and not entirely sure how todo that

• Advertisement

It's a hkc alarm, just picked up the 12v 7amp battery but didn't open the internal box yet as I need to confirm the engineer code first and not entirely sure how todo that

You shouldn't need the engineer code to change the battery on the 8/12.
    When you open the control panel simply putting in your code on keypad should turn it off.

Advertisement