Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You see it as toxic, I see it as overly sensitive posters being surprised when their posts on a forum are replied too. It is what it is!

Not everything needs a 15 page debate dude. It's a nice and small community and people are entitled to like what they like without being spoken down to like their opinions don't matter.

There's loads of places to have arguments on the web or shout at clouds, it's not what I come here to do personally but whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Necro wrote: »
    Not everything needs a 15 page debate dude. It's a nice and small community and people are entitled to like what they like without being spoken down to like their opinions don't matter.

There's loads of places to have arguments on the web or shout at clouds, it's not what I come here to do personally but whatever floats your boat I guess.

When I go back 15 pages it brings me to posts from three weeks ago so you're being a bit hyperbolic with 15 pages of debate.

There are indeed lots of places on the web to do that, including Boards which seems to be a surprise to people for some reason. I enjoy the discussion and disagreements anyways, have at it I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When I go back 15 pages it brings me to posts from three weeks ago so you're being a bit hyperbolic with 15 pages of debate.

There are indeed lots of places on the web to do that, including Boards which seems to be a surprise to people for some reason. I enjoy the discussion and disagreements anyways, have at it I say!

I agree, i like the discussion and disagreements. I like debating my points and counter points, even if they guys Im in discussion with disagree with my point.

I dont think there is any toxic atmosphere.

I breezed through Raw. Miz Lashley and Drew is such a mid card feud.

Lashley bores me. Hes not a star for me. WWEs soulless environment does him no favours, but that can be said for most wrestlers.

I did enjoy Drew v Sheamus, but that aside, I see few positives on Raw right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I agree, i like the discussion and disagreements. I like debating my points and counter points, even if they guys Im in discussion with disagree with my point.

Lashley bores me. Hes not a star for me. WWEs soulless environment does him no favours, but that can be said for most wrestlers.

I did enjoy Drew v Sheamus, but that aside, I see few positives on Raw right now.

Last point on this before it all kicks off again.

It's probably no great shock that I post on another "Board" and the mindset is if you post something, expect to be challenged on it. It could be the most routine take in the world, but if you're posting it in a public space, expect your views to be challenged. I like that, it means I'm not firing off posts for the sake of it, it means I have to think through my viewpoint before sending out an opinion. I want that, I want to be challenged or for my views to maybe back up somebody else's. What you wont get from me on a forum is complaining that a debate or discussion exists, you will never see that from me.

And, like I've said before to you and Rolliefingers too, we might not agree 100% on everything, infact I remember having pages upon pages of debates with you on numerous things. But, it's pro wrestling debate, it's not personal, I'm not shook because someone is challenging my views. If anything I'm glad that there's two people making cohesive arguments. Give me that anyday over posts that say nothing.

That's all I'll say on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »

For me there is a difference between debate and discussion and outright antagonism.

Point in case...
    If anything I'm glad that there's two people making cohesive arguments. Give me that anyday over posts that say nothing.

I couldn't give a damn if you hate the WWE. Not a damn. And it's absolutely and evidently clear you hate the company, and that's your right.

But coming on here and negging everyone's view who differs in the manner you do is not conducive to proper discussion.

But sure lookit, tis only my view and I'm not getting worked up about it anymore, I've said my piece.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

10000 posts approaching so going to post a new Raw thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement