Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom & Jerry

Options
  • 21-11-2020 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I.. .. .. I don't know how I feel about this. I actually have no opinions. The movie pessimist in me says it'll probably be rubbish.. .. I just don't know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I seen the trailer a few days ago but thought it was film that didn't need to be made. It doesn't look good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think it could be fun.

The original T&J doesn't need to be protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I laughed a few times. This subjectively is needless but objectively necessary as they can't show the Fred Quimby era cartoons to modern children can they ;) so a progressive reboot is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I love the early originals from the 40s and 50s, not keen on the later stuff but this looks okay. Tom and Jerry aren't talking which is a good start and the human cast looks excellent, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh and for those who would want to watch the originals again archive.org has them all.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I seem to remember a film from the late 80s or early 90s that featured them talking, very poorly received.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The most charitable thing I can say, having watched the trailer, is that I'm not in the demographic most likely to enjoy this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just no. Its hard to top the originals, I give you Photo Finish, one of the best.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anything is welcome as a distraction from the unremitting gloom of current events.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just had a quick look. Was that Chloe Moretz?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched it last night. Thought it wasnt great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Great film, but clearly a rip off of Bong Tom-hos Parasite.

Advertisement