Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Tom Foley

Options
  • 24-02-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

One of the early trainers to get me interested in horse racing!
    Danoli was a real star for him. RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

A lovely man, popular and knowledgeable, sad news, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Echo the previous two posters, just a lovely warm man as well as a good horseman and trainer. Danoli winning at leopardstown under Tommy Treacy will always be one of my favourite racing memories, such heart and guts, a fantastic racehorse owned by good people. Thought Royal Paradise might get them back there, but sadly wasnt to be. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

From a time when the small man had a chance. RIP Tom you left us some great memories

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Very sad to hear this. I saw him at the races one day, back when Danoli was in training, and asked him how the horse was going. Thought he might give me a quick answer and move on but we ended up having a lengthy and very enjoyable chat about the horse. A complete gent, RIP.

Advertisement