Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance during Covid?

Options
  • 08-02-2021 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I will be flying outside of the EU later next week and I am wondering about the best course of action to take with regards to Medical Insurance? I hold permanent residency where I am going but my trip length is provisionally 8 weeks with a possible return to Ireland if lockdowns are over and it is possible to have freedom, otherwise I'll be taking a long term lease over there for the rest of 2021.

I would normally book with multitrip but found them worse than useless and they only paid out 33% of an earlier claim last year after I had to evacuate home during the height of the hysteria here at the time, (a savage mistake on my own part). Covid is not something that bothers me right now but power-tripping Governments with lockdowns etc are a bigger worry.

Who would you recommend for health cover including COVID cover if neccesary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Travel insurance.. Take your pick. No shortage of places offer it. They're all likely to have a covid exclusion.
    The place you're resident in may have a public health system. An EHIC card will cover emergency treatment in European countries for non residents.

Advertisement