Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird growth feeling in my back

Options
  • 15-02-2021 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I’m just wondering if anyone has had this or know what it might be? I’ve had this weird back sensation for the past week. It started out feeling like real slight muscle spasms, like a tiny muscle in the mid region of my back was moving. This continued on for a few days. Now it’s developed into feeling like a slight burning sensation and it constantly feels like something is pressing against my skin from the inside. There’s no pain but I can feel it constantly in the same exact spot.

I haven’t had any falls or knocks and haven’t played sport or gone to the gym in 4-5 months. I know this sounds completely mad, but even the very first day I had a weird thought, like I believe that it’s a growth of some sort inside me. I know how crazy that sounds. I’ve searched the internet for possible causes but nothing is showing up.

I know I’ll need to go to a doctor for a proper examination but I’m not even sure how to describe it without sounding crazy. I was just wondering had anyone on here experienced anything like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ingrown hair? Get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

jamesf85 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I’m just wondering if anyone has had this or know what it might be? I’ve had this weird back sensation for the past week. It started out feeling like real slight muscle spasms, like a tiny muscle in the mid region of my back was moving. This continued on for a few days. Now it’s developed into feeling like a slight burning sensation and it constantly feels like something is pressing against my skin from the inside. There’s no pain but I can feel it constantly in the same exact spot.

I haven’t had any falls or knocks and haven’t played sport or gone to the gym in 4-5 months. I know this sounds completely mad, but even the very first day I had a weird thought, like I believe that it’s a growth of some sort inside me. I know how crazy that sounds. I’ve searched the internet for possible causes but nothing is showing up.

I know I’ll need to go to a doctor for a proper examination but I’m not even sure how to describe it without sounding crazy. I was just wondering had anyone on here experienced anything like it?
    Go see a doctor if it’s a sudden change and you’re concerned about it

It’s probably nothing but getting the all clear from a doctor will do way more for your peace of mind than all the social media advice you can ask for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Maybe something laid eggs in you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JJayoo wrote: »
    Maybe something laid eggs in you

You'd feel them moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jamesf85

Yea there’s no lump it’s just a strange sensation.

I’ll book in with the doctor and let him assign me to the mad house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You'd feel them moving.

They haven't hatched yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mod note
    Personal medical advice is not allowed here
    Go see your GP.
    Rob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement