Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid and Jewellers

Options
  • 08-02-2021 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I'm needing a ring resizing in order the pop the question.

I cannot find anyone open to resize it for me. Are there no jewellers doing resizing/cleaning work in a drop and collect capacity in the Dublin/Meath area?

Or should I be looking for a jeweller who makes bespoke pieces and ask if they would resize?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

My understanding that click & collect (or drop & collect) is not available for non-essential retail at the moment under the current restrictions. Jewellers would definitely fall into the non-essential bracket.

Oh the other side - I would maybe advise against getting a resize for proposing. Rings can only handle a certain amount of resizing and while you might know your other half's ring size, it can often change based on personal preference for a slightly looser or tighter fitting. I know I prefer to have mine a little looser as my fingers swell in the summer. Officially I'm one ring size but mine is actually sized to the next one up for a more comfortable fit. I think maybe get it resized after the proposal with your partner there.

Advertisement