Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band advice

Options
  • 11-12-2020 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi
    Any one any recent experience of the Bentley boys for a wedding and if so what lead singer did you have? We are between them, Harlequin and The Professionals.
    Would appreciate any feedback :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Was at a friend’s wedding before COVID. I think John was the name of the the lead singer. Great voice. Floor full and he also did DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

We were interested in them for our wedding but unfortunately our two top choices of singer were unavailable. They have a management team who communicate with you and once I stated we would leave it as we only liked the two particular singers and they weren't available I personally found them very pushy, to the point of borderline rudeness, to be completely honest. I understand how their business works but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

We had A Few Good Men and they were great to deal with. Their singer communicates directly with customers and this appealed to me.

That's just my personal experience of The Bentley Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I saw Harlequin once and was blown away by them.

The Trips are amazing too.

anewme wrote: »
    I saw Harlequin once and was blown away by them.

The Trips are amazing too.

I emailed Harlequin earlier and have just gotten a response. A very nice email and while no mention of cost their manager did say that as they are at the very top end of what they do their fee would reflect that. I wonder what we are talking about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Forget about a band at a wedding till 2025.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I emailed Harlequin earlier and have just gotten a response. A very nice email and while no mention of cost their manager did say that as they are at the very top end of what they do their fee would reflect that. I wonder what we are talking about here.

They should have given you a cost. I'd agree at the top end of their game alright and yes expensive.

I also booked The Tripps for an event. They were brilliant. Really good musicians. They got 2 or 3 other bookings out of that event and people were raving about them. Few videos on you tube on them.

Advertisement