Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about A/B or Track Referencing

Options
  • 01-03-2021 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Might be a stupid question...I'll ask anyway...(none of ye can see, me face goin red)...
    I use Logic pro x...
    I have a loop....a house track...most of the elements are in the loop...kick, melody etc...
    I pulled in a Reference track....Put it on a separate Audio Channels...
    I want to get the kick, claps...similiar to the the levels of the Professional Track...

Now I put a pseudo mastering setting on the Stereo Output channell..
    Just to give a better idea with my loop...

But...here is the question...
    My reference track also comes through the stereo outputs...WITH my pseudo mastering...
    Can I put the reference track on Output 3/4 route it to the Master Output? which would thereby avoid my pseudo mastering settings on the Stereo Outs...
    I tried it put didn't work...
    Just wondering where I'm goin wrong....?

Am I over thinking?

Cheeers
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So are you saying that your reference track is picking up on your mastering settings as it's going through stereo out along with your loop? I'm not familiar at all with Logic but if I was trying this in Ableton I would group my loop tracks together and apply the mastering to the group track, rather than the stereo out. That way you can play around with your mastering settings without impacting everything going through the master output.

I'd imagine you could do something like that in Logic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sephsleft06

I got it sorted. Thanks SuperSi...and sorry for late reply

Advertisement