Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Stores Offers from 20th May until 8th June.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Op, maybe you could take the date out of the title and use it for all DS bargains?. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 july11

Anybody know what Dunness "weekly wonders" offers are on at moment. I never see them advertised but when I shop in Dunnes I always find the "weekly wonders" good deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

july11 wrote: »
    Anybody know what Dunness "weekly wonders" offers are on at moment. I never see them advertised but when I shop in Dunnes I always find the "weekly wonders" good deals

Just back from Dunnes. Weekly Wonders are always at the front of store, and I can't miss them- but I didn't notice any this week. Maybe it's a seasonal thing for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

july11 wrote: »

20 pack Tayto for €3.50 was one of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

bagels wrote: »
    The link for the current offers is:

http://www.dunnesstores.com/pws/client/pdf/dunnes_leaflet_small.pdf

It may prove useful to those of you, just like me, who don't have a bricks and mortar Dunnes Stores branch nearby.

Page 24 has the shop and save redeem until saturday 6th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dunnes really need to get their online presence in order if they want to survive in the modern day. It's a chore ever trying to find out online what is on special despite the fact that usually they have as good or sometimes better offers instore than the competition, it's like they are trying to hide the specials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Dunnes really need to get their online presence in order if they want to survive in the modern day. It's a chore ever trying to find out online what is on special despite the fact that usually they have as good or sometimes better offers instore than the competition, it's like they are trying to hide the specials.

Totally agreed. I emailed them before just to state how bad their online presence is in comparison to the other supermarkets.

I'm just back from Dunnes, got baby potatoes, a lemon, pack of beetroot all for 29 cent each. I also got 10 free range eggs and 2 chicken kievs for €2 each. Tins of beans and peas 30 cent each. They had fresh crab at €5. ect. ect.

I've no 'dog' in the fight, I enjoy shopping in Aldi, Supervalu ect. I just find Dunnes shocking for telling you what deals they have on in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

vicwatson wrote: »
    Op, maybe you could take the date out of the title and use it for all DS bargains?. Just a thought.

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I changed the title of the opening post but couldn't find any means by which I could change the thread title.
    If anybody could help I'll be grateful.

Another possible solution is merging this thread with:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95533185

Or perhaps starting a whole new thread titled "Dunnes Stores Grocery Offers".

Suggestions welcome.

Go to edit and go advanced, you can only do it for I think like 48 hours after posting

Won't even allow me into 'advanced' editing now.
    Perhaps a Mod could sort it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Seapoint

I wonder when the general shopping public are going to just avoid DUNNES because of their anti worker attitude ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

After this latest stunt which will simply result in the small businesses in that centre shutting down, no bargain alert will entice me to shop in dunnes any more.

I realise that doesn't help dunnes workers but what else do you do to express disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Seapoint wrote: »
    I wonder when the general shopping public are going to just avoid DUNNES because of their anti worker attitude ?

I'm avoiding Dunnes from now on . I was just reading online how there treating there gorey workers . I'm a big bargain hunter but I draw the line when I see innocent people been treated like that

Seapoint wrote: »

Politics thread that way =->:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Seapoint wrote:
    I used to shop there before they started firing people for taking industrial action. Now I go out of my way to avoid it. I've noticed that I'm spending less on my weekly shop. They're one of the more expensive retailers out there, definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If I get on my high horse every time a company does something wrong I'll starve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

If I get on my high horse every time a company does something wrong I'll starve.

Well it seems Dunnes got on their High Horse in Gorey and closed the shop because a court order was served on them and they gave no thought whatsoever to their staff without whom they as a company could not survive

I find Dunnes behaviour totally unacceptable and if the People stopped shopping there until they treated their staff with Dignity then it would be better all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

mylesm wrote: »
    Well it seems Dunnes got on their High Horse in Gorey and closed the shop because a court order was served on them and they gave no thought whatsoever to their staff without whom they as a company could not survive

I find Dunnes behaviour totally unacceptable and if the People stopped shopping there until they treated their staff with Dignity then it would be better all round

Ok then what shop do you want me to shop in from now on?

I too detest the way Dunnes treat their workers and to that end I buy very little in their stores. However, I'm in the unfortunate position that I'm forced to seek out the bargains wherever I can.
    My weekly shop is spread over Lidl, Supervalu and Joyces (a chain located in Co Galway).
    The nearest Dunnes, Tesco and Aldi are located twenty miles away. When I'm in their vicinity I avail of whatever bargains I can. My purchases in Dunnes and Tesco would be only a very small percentage of my annual grocery shopping, I'd imagine less than 5% between them.
    The only bargain I see in the current Dunnes special offers is the €65 clothes dryer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Ok then what shop do you want me to shop in from now on?

Wherever you like to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is their Christmas weekly offers starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

are Dunnes still doing the €10 vouchers when you spend €50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just did a shop this evening and got more vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Yes they are giving 10 euro off next shop when you spend 50... Saw it in blanch yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

Can you use this €10 voucher from dunnes in Tesco ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jc77

janedoe007 wrote: »

Was wondering that one myself, found this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

janedoe007 wrote: »

Yes!

Advertisement