Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€120 cash back for Bord Gáis customers

Options
  • 12-05-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

https://www.onebigswitch.ie/

Available for both existing and new customers.

Existing customers just enter both gas and electricity a/c numbers.

This equals €80 worth of Bord Gáis credit. The breakage fee is €50 so you still made a profit if you leave.

Available from Monday 27th April 2015 until Friday 22nd May 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

bromley52 wrote: »
    https://www.onebigswitch.ie/

Available for both existing and new
    Existing customers just enter both gas and electricity a/c numbers.

This equals €80 worth of Bord Gáis credit. The breakage fee is €50 so you still made a profit if you leave.

Available from Monday 27th April 2015 until Friday 22nd May 2015

Thanks if it works but where is the other €40 coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

80-50=30, not 120, at least when I went to school....

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

degsie wrote: »
    80-50=30, not 120, at least when I went to school....

check the link also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

cgc5483 wrote: »
    check the link also

That link is borked.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Linky: https://www.onebigswitch.ie/

This is what the OP is getting at:
    You get €120 cashback.
    In addition, you get 4000 Tesco clubcard points if you agree to a two-year contact. These are worth €40 in Tesco, but instead could be used to take €80 off your Bord Gais bill - Tesco allow you to buy vouchers for Bord Gais that are worth twice what you would get off your groceries in Tesco.

So you could get €120+80. If you break the two-year contract (as you probably will want to in a year, for a better deal), you have to pay €50, but the OP is saying you'd still be €30 better off from the clubcard voucher.

I just went with the one-year contract, where you get €120 and 1000 clubcard points, worth €20 off my bill (eventually) but if the OP is correct I would have been a tenner better off going for the two-year deal and breaking it when I got a better offer...

It is worth noting that you have to sign up for a fixed payment each month; if you use clubcard vouchers to take money off, I believe they are used to credit your account after the level payment is reassessed - so 12 months after you join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

cgc5483 wrote: »
    check the link also

Sorry for the worst post ever. Now corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

bromley52 wrote: »
    Sorry for the worst post ever. Now corrected.

Nah fair play to you for posting. Useful offer

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

The 40 euro in vouchers is worth €120 in tesco mobile credit for any one on that network, they're worth 4x in other clubcard boosts. Great spot OP free money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Can you avail of this if your an existing customer for gas only without signing up for electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm all confused. .is the company owned by bord gais ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tantipie wrote: »
    I'm all confused. .is the company owned by bord gais ..

No, by Dennis o Brien...or so a certain group would have us believe.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

No, by Dennis o Brien...or so a certain group would have us believe.:)

Oliver Tatton actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

I don't see this offer on onebigswitch.is. can you share the exact link. I m an existing bord gais customer and would like to avail of this offer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

was gona do it till I saw that they gave me no choice but to sign up to a direct debit...... Im not a fan of doing that with non fixed bills....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

was gona do it till I saw that they gave me no choice but to sign up to a direct debit...... Im not a fan of doing that with non fixed bills....

You pay the same amount every month and can adjust it if you think its too much or too little.

nephster wrote:
    It is worth noting that you have to sign up for a fixed payment each month; if you use clubcard vouchers to take money off, I believe they are used to credit your account after the level payment is reassessed - so 12 months after you join.

it is a fixed bill isn't it? ?

nephster wrote:
    This is what the OP is getting at: You get €120 cashback. In addition, you get 4000 Tesco clubcard points if you agree to a two-year contact. These are worth €40 in Tesco, but instead could be used to take €80 off your Bord Gais bill - Tesco allow you to buy vouchers for Bord Gais that are worth twice what you would get off your groceries in Tesco.

how do you then buy vouchers for bord Gais from Tesco? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

I don't see where you get the 4000 points from Tesco. Am I missing something ? Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

alanbk wrote: »
    I don't see where you get the 4000 points from Tesco. Am I missing something ? Thanks all.

Same here, can't see it. Would be handy as €40 club card means €160 Irish ferries vouchers

I should state that I'm in no way affiliated with Bord Gais, One Big Switch, or indeed Tesco - I'm just trying to answer a few questions :)
    tantipie wrote: »
    how do you then buy vouchers for bord Gais from Tesco? ?

It's one of the Clubcard Boost deals you can select at the Clubcard website, http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/. Obviously you need to be registered with both Tesco Clubcard at that site, and then to apply the voucher, with Bord Gais at *their* rewards section, https://www.bordgaisenergyrewards.ie/

This is not limited to this deal at all - I was with BG for a year until April 2014 and would regularly knock money off the bill using the above.

• Advertisement

I don't see this offer on onebigswitch.is. can you share the exact link. I m an existing bord gais customer and would like to avail of this offer

I think you can't see it until you register with them on the website.
    That was the whole point really - before the deal was finalised, they were able to say "X thousand people are interested in a group deal" to the energy companies.

It's pretty buried in the T&Cs.
    Here's the relevant bit from the website:
    "Contract Length:

The contract is for 12 or 24 months depending which length you sign up for . Signing up for a 24 month contract with this package makes you eligible for 4,000 Tesco Clubcard points when register for the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club. Signing up for a 12 month contract with this package makes you eligible for 1,000 Tesco Clubcard points when register for the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club.
    A €50 exit fee applies if you decide to leave.

Bord Gáis Energy Rewards:

At no extra cost you join the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club. You get access to a host of benefits including special offers to the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre plus you'll earn Tesco Clubcard points for paying your bill and you'll be able to swap your Tesco Clubcard vouchers for double the savings on your electricity bills."

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

I'm already with BG Rewards so I assume I don't qualify for the bonus club card points. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I'm already with Board Gais, I'm with Tesco mobile, can i still get this offer?

I'm already with BG Rewards so I assume I don't qualify for the bonus club card points. 😡
    asharkman wrote: »
    I'm already with Board Gais, I'm with Tesco mobile, can i still get this offer?

I was previously registered with BG Rewards, but changed supplier for a year, and it re-registered me and gave me the new Tesco points. I can still see the details of me adding Tesco vouchers etc. in my BG Rewards account from the time I was with them, although I wasn't able to access that account when I wasn't getting my energy from BG, if that all makes sense.

I can't guarantee that current BG customers will get the 1000/4000 Tesco points. But I can confirm that *prior* customers of BG certainly do.

Why not ask One Big Switch or BG on Twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

How do you get clubcard points?

I have registered and don't see where I put in my club details

thierry14 wrote: »
    How do you get clubcard points?

I have registered and don't see where I put in my club details

The Tesco clubcard details go in to the relevant section in your Bord Gais Rewards account. So the switch has to have been made, BG accepted you, and opened you up a Bord Gais Rewards account which happens after they open your actual BG fuel account. Then you can attach your Tesco clubcard number to your BG Rewards.

I think at this stage BG should be giving me a commission for explaining their system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Not specifically about gas but these clubcard points are pretty useful to spend on other things.

Tesco clubcard points are worth 3 times their value with Tesco mobile. Without getting into the details of it those points will pay for my unlimited phone bill for 8 months +

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nephster wrote: »
    The Tesco clubcard details go in to the relevant section in your Bord Gais Rewards account. So the switch has to have been made, BG accepted you, and opened you up a Bord Gais Rewards account which happens after they open your actual BG fuel account. Then you can attach your Tesco clubcard number to your BG Rewards.

I think at this stage BG should be giving me a commission for explaining their system :)

But if you already have your clubcard linked to your account can you still get the points?

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    But if you already have your clubcard linked to your account can you still get the points?

The only way to find out, unless someone actually from BG is asked, is for someone to report back when they try it.
    That said, you are getting the rewards for committing to 24/12 month contracts, it does state you get the €120 credit even if an existing customer, and it doesn't say you *won't* get it from what I can see...

Advertisement