Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€120 cash back for Bord Gáis customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

OK, a few more details for both new and existing customers. Then someone else can answer questions :)

"Terms and conditions of One Big Switch (OBS) Residential Gas and Electricity Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract
    Sign-up Offer (for customers who choose Level Pay & Paperless Billing and sign-up to BGE Rewards)
    * New Customers switching to BGE for Gas and Electricity Fixed Term Dual Fuel Contract with OBS Offer

New residential customers of Bord Gáis Energy who wish to avail of the OBS offer and who sign up to Level Pay and paperless billing will receive a 10% discount off the Bord Gáis Energy standard gas and electricity unit rates in Year 1 and an ongoing 5% discount thereafter for continuing to choose Level Pay and paperless billing. You must continue to have both gas and electricity accounts active with Bord Gáis Energy and pay by Level Pay and Paperless Billing to receive these discounts.
    The customer must sign-up for the OBS gas and electricity (variable price) Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract Offer for 12 or 24 months (supplied by Bord Gáis Energy) through the specified OBS link on www.onebigswitch.ie and agree to Level Pay, Paperless Billing and to join the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club to avail of the offer. €50 early exit fee applies if you leave before the end of the contract.
    The customer must agree to BGE’s Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract terms and conditions of supply
    The customer must be a signed up member of OBS to access the offer on the link above.
    The €120 sign-up offer will be applied to a new BGE customer’s electricity account whenever the customer wishes to apply it within 12 months from date of sign-up. The customer must apply the credit by logging onto bordgaisenergyrewards.ie and accessing his/her BGE Rewards Account. The credit must be applied within 12 months of date of the customer’s sign-up or BGE may withdraw the offer.
    This offer does not apply to any BGE Fixed Price Product.
    The offer is as stated and NO CASH ALTERNATIVES OR REFUNDS will be offered.
    THE €120 sign-up offer may take up to 35 days to be applied to the customer’s account from the date the customer requests that it be applied to their account.
    To avail of the €120 sign-up offer you must be successfully signed up to BGE (at BGE’s discretion and in accordance with industry rules).
    If you move house and your account is remaining with Bord Gáis Energy then you will need to apply for your cashback 35 days prior to changing your address with us. The credit will transfer to your new account. However, if you do not apply for the cashback before you move your address then the cashback will be lost.
    Bord Gáis Energy is not obliged to enter into written correspondence regarding this offer.
    The promoter is Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Dublin 1.
    The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at their sole discretion.

* Existing Customers of BGE signing up for Gas and Electricity Dual Fuel on OBS Offer

Existing residential customers of Bord Gáis Energy who wish to avail of the OBS offer and who sign up to Level Pay and paperless billing, if not already done so, will receive a 10% discount off the Bord Gáis Energy standard gas and electricity unit rates in Year 1 and an ongoing 5% discount thereafter for continuing to choose Level Pay and paperless billing. You must continue to have both gas and electricity accounts active with Bord Gáis Energy and pay by Level Pay and Paperless Billing to receive these discounts.
    The customer must sign-up for the existing customer OBS gas and electricity (variable price) Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract offer for 12 or 24 months (supplied by Bord Gáis Energy) through the specified OBS link on www.onebigswitch.ie and agree to Level Pay, Paperless Billing and to join the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club to avail of the offer. €50 early exit fee applies if you leave before the end of the contract.
    The customer must agree to BGE’s Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract terms and conditions of supply.
    The customer must be a signed up member of OBS to access the offer on the link above.
    The €120 sign-up offer will be applied to an existing BGE customer’s electricity account whenever the customer wishes to apply it within 12 months from date of sign-up. The customer must apply the credit by logging onto bordgaisenergyrewards.ie and accessing his/her BGE Rewards Account. The credit must be applied within 12 months of date of the customer’s sign-up or BGE may withdraw the offer.
    This offer does not apply to any BGE Fixed Price Product.
    The offer is as stated and NO CASH ALTERNATIVES OR REFUNDS will be offered.
    The €120 sign-up offer may take up to 35 days to be applied to the customer’s account from the date the customer requests that it be applied to their account.
    To avail of the €120 sign-up offer you must be an active customer signed up to BGE.
    If you move house and your account is remaining with Bord Gáis Energy then you will need to apply for your cashback 35 days prior to changing your address with us. The credit will transfer to your new account. However, if you do not apply for the cashback before you move your address then the cashback will be lost.
    Bord Gáis Energy is not obliged to enter into written correspondence regarding this offer.
    The promoter is Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Dublin 1.
    The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at their sole discretion."

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Their customer service chat is interesting lol

→hi
    Customer Service: Hi there howa re you today?
    →im good thanks you?
    Customer Service: Good thank you. Very chilly here this morning!
    →Chilly? are you outside lol
    Customer Service: No inside in the office now but walking to work was freezing!
    Customer Service: How can I help you today?
    →Youre working late!
    Customer Service: No it is 10am here!
    Customer Service: Where are you from? I am from Australia.
    →Ireland here,
    Customer Service: Ohh that would explain it then
    Customer Service: Now, I am not sure if I will be of much help as I am in Australia
    Customer Service: And do not have access to the Irish database, but I can have a try
    Customer Service: And now I feel pathetic saying it is cold next to you! Cold here is 10 degrees!
    →Really? Thats a pity, why would they have you on their website if you cant access it
    →Yeah 10 degrees for us is mild lol
    Customer Service: I just might not be able to access the database. What did you want help with
    →I just wanted to know how long it would take to switch over if I went ahead with it
    Customer Service: For Bord Gais?
    →Thats right
    Customer Service: Ill take a look.
    Customer Service: One moment please
    →Thanks
    Customer Service: Once you fill out our online switching form which should only take a few minutes; we send you an email to confirm we've received it, we then send it to Bord Gáis Energy; they send you confirmation if they have approved your application; once you are switched you will receive a final bill from your current supplier and a first bill from Bord Gáis Energy.
    →okay Thanks for answering it
    Customer Service: No worries
    →G'day
    Customer Service: haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I decided to ring up to find out more about the deal.

The extra clubcard points are only for those in a position to avail of the electricity and gas package. If you just want elec then you're out of luck!

You have to pay by "level pay" , that is pay the same amount every month. They'll determine the amount by dividing your previous yearly bill in 12 to arrive at a monthly average.

Unit price inc vat and the 10% discount will be 16.48 c + you get 100 euro on One Big Switch.

Electric Ireland are offer 16c unit price + 30 euro cashback seperately from their own site.

I suppose you need to know how much elec you use to work out which is better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I decided to ring up to find out more about the deal.

The extra clubcard points are only for those in a position to avail of the electricity and gas package. If you just want elec then you're out of luck!

You have to pay by "level pay" , that is pay the same amount every month. They'll determine the amount by dividing your previous yearly bill in 12 to arrive at a monthly average.

Unit price inc vat and the 10% discount will be 16.48 c + you get 100 euro on One Big Switch.

Electric Ireland are offer 16c unit price + 30 euro cashback seperately from their own site.

I suppose you need to know how much elec you use to work out which is better for you

One big switch are offering €120 cash back

I've only had an elec account for 7 months, how would they work out my level pay?

One big switch are offering €120 cash back

I've only had an elec account for 7 months, how would they work out my level pay?

Its 120 if you have gas and elec, only 100 if you have electricity only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

So if you only have electricity and are already with Big Switch and Board Gais (my case), there is no point of signing up again with them but probably much better to move to a different electricity provider as the previous deal is already gone and when you get a good deal with electricity is when you switch after 12 months. Otherwise your rate is higher. Is that correct?

By the way, I was supposed to get cash back after 12 months or so from the time of big switch. I haven't seen anything, anyone knows how it works for customers who availed of the previous Big Switch campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

according to Bonkers whilst this is a good deal, the dual saver from electric Ireland is better

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices

Oh and BTW, the big switch offer expires tonight!

OFFER CLOSING: Check out our exclusive @BordGaisEnergy Electricity & Gas offer today. It closes MIDNIGHT TONIGHT http://t.co/4elZZW4SIP
    22 May 2015 at 9:51AM

according to Bonkers whilst this is a good deal, the dual saver from electric Ireland is better

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices

Oh and BTW, the big switch offer expires tonight!

OFFER CLOSING: Check out our exclusive @BordGaisEnergy Electricity & Gas offer today. It closes MIDNIGHT TONIGHT http://t.co/4elZZW4SIP
    22 May 2015 at 9:51AM

Other providers may have upped their game since this was announced, but does Electric Ireland work out better for you when you add the BG cashback?
    IIRC Bonkers specifically exclude any cashback when showing you your best rate options. You need to take that off the yearly saving yourself (and bear in mind you would get 120 with BG, not 100 as shown on Bonkers).
    So while other providers have better rates, when you include the cashback (even without the clubcard points) it was certainly the best deal for me for over a year. Your mileage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

What the €120 cash stands for? Do you have to have a bill for at least €120 in one go to be applied or you can spread that amount between different bills? My usage is well below average about 1800 kW electricity and 4200 kW gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

nephster wrote: »
    Other providers may have upped their game since this was announced, but does Electric Ireland work out better for you when you add the BG cashback?
    IIRC Bonkers specifically exclude any cashback when showing you your best rate options. You need to take that off the yearly saving yourself (and bear in mind you would get 120 with BG, not 100 as shown on Bonkers).
    So while other providers have better rates, when you include the cashback (even without the clubcard points) it was certainly the best deal for me for over a year. Your mileage may vary.

actually you are right, so I will try them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This **** is headwrecking, time to do the euromillions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks for the reminder. Just signed up for electric only and €100 cashback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Thanks for the reminder. Just signed up for electric only and €100 cashback :)

I was looking at the electricity only option as well but I couldn't see any difference between signing up directly or one big switch. Did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mytime wrote: »
    I was looking at the electricity only option as well but I couldn't see any difference between signing up directly or one big switch. Did I miss something?
    100 euro cash back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

100 euro cash back
    I switched directly and got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Falcon L wrote: »
    I switched directly and got that.

Was that on a contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

mytime wrote: »
    Was that on a contract?
    No. The same deal as OBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Do I get these tesco points in the next clubcard mailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Do I get these tesco points in the next clubcard mailer?

They have not turned up on my clubcard account yet

sue97 wrote: »
    They have not turned up on my clubcard account yet

Have you gone into your Bord Gais Energy Rewards account (as opposed to your Bord Gais account), added both your account numbers for electricity and gas, and also added your Clubcard number?

See attached screenshot.

Were fairly rapidly added to my Tesco account after I did all that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is the Bord Gais deal expired now?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

nephster wrote: »
    Have you gone into your Bord Gais Energy Rewards account (as opposed to your Bord Gais account), added both your account numbers for electricity and gas, and also added your Clubcard number?

See attached screenshot.

Were fairly rapidly added to my Tesco account after I did all that :)

I am getting the points for Gas but no additional €40 yet

sue97 wrote: »
    I am getting the points for Gas but no additional €40 yet

It won't show as €40, rather as points, until the sending out of the next lot of clubcard vouchers.

Have you attached your electricity account (signed up to via One Big Deal, for 24 months) to your Bord Gais rewards account? So you are seeing both accounts in the BG Rewards as in the screenshot?

I presume that is needed to trigger adding the 4000 points to your registered Tesco clubcard. As I said, once I did that, 1000 points were added to mine, when I went into my Tesco clubcard account to check.

Anyone else get the level pay estimate for your monthly bill?
    Mine is 86 euro a month! I've had 4 months where bills have been around 80/m , mostly it's 70/m. Considering I'm supposedly getting a ten percent discount I can't say I'm too pleased with the new bill.

I know that the overpayment will be credited off your account at some point but it looks like the monthly fee will be overall a lot less favourable.

Anyone else unhappy with their level pay estimate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Raging I missed out on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Niemoj wrote: »
    Raging I missed out on this

I feel your pain. I'm on direct debit level pay already and somehow never say this :mad:

If I hear of anything I'll be sure to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Quick question I'm already wit bordgais electricity only and av my clubcard already registered... I signed up for this wit the level pay 100 cashback and 10% Off... Should I be gettin the points because I can't see them...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Quick question I'm already wit bordgais electricity only and av my clubcard already registered... I signed up for this wit the level pay 100 cashback and 10% Off... Should I be gettin the points because I can't see them...

No,no clubcard points for you, the points were only available to people applying for a gas and elec plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Anyone else get the level pay estimate for your monthly bill?
    Mine is 86 euro a month! I've had 4 months where bills have been around 80/m , mostly it's 70/m. Considering I'm supposedly getting a ten percent discount I can't say I'm too pleased with the new bill.

I know that the overpayment will be credited off your account at some point but it looks like the monthly fee will be overall a lot less favourable.

Anyone else unhappy with their level pay estimate?

Ring them and get them to reduce it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

No,no clubcard points for you, the points were only available to people applying for a gas and elec plan.

Sound

Advertisement