Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL shop clearance sale

• 20-05-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭

The NFL US shop is having a clearance sale for a lot of things. Jerseys, hats, t-shirts, bobbleheads you name it.

Some jerseys down from $100 to $20. Some are old reebok ones and others are the newer nike ones. Most on sale have names of players who have left the team reason why they are clearance but still not bad prices.

If the order is over $50 dollars then a coupon of NOV50 can get the delivery for free, but I do not know if this applies to international delivery or not so if anyone tries can they let me know.

I got for €66 (roughly) two jerseys, one nike Jets and the other an older reebok one. This €66 included tax and delivery so not a bad deal.

http://www.nflshop.com/pages/Outlet?ab=bm-nflcms-hp-ASpot-OutletSale-5.18.15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Looks like bargains are team dependent.

Bargains to be had in your keen on a Tebow jets jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Looks like are bargains are team dependent.

Bargains to be had in your keen on a Tebow jets jersey!

Who isn't? ;) Sanchez and Gabbert fan here too by the way if anyone buys anything don't worry if you don't receive a confirmation email for a while, I contacted and they gave me my tracking order but said confirmation email won't be received until 24-48 hours after order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Would there be custom charges on these?

Kolido wrote: »

Had to sneakily buy it during work and just glanced at the tax, ill double check today and let you know about customs, whether it's like amazon global or you are charged extra when they arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Had to sneakily buy it during work and just glanced at the tax, ill double check today and let you know about customs, whether it's like amazon global or you are charged extra when they arrive.

Not sure how you will figure it out today. Will prob be a wait and see(so a few weeks)

• Advertisement

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Not sure how you will figure it out today. Will prob be a wait and see(so a few weeks)

They have a live chat on the website, I'll see if they can answer whether it is like some websites where they include the customs in the vat during purchase or whether I hvae to pay more when it arrives. Fingers crossed ha

Kolido wrote: »

I was talking to customer support and my order (from nfl shop.com) was somethign like $38 dollars and then moved up to $75 with delivery and tax. Delivery will take a while, I clicked the cheapest and slowest, I'm looking at a few weeks, maybe 3.

I told the customer support I was getting it delivered to Ireland and was custom duty covered in the payment and she told me that since it was an EU country there shouldnt be anymore costs and everything should be covered. Now I hope she is right and I dont get an unpleasant suprise! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I imagine it depends what company delivers it. If its FedEx then they usually will pay your customs fee for you then send you a bill for it a few weeks later along with an extra €12 admin charge for all the 'trouble' they went through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

kendragon wrote: »
    I imagine it depends what company delivers it. If its FedEx then they usually will pay your customs fee for you then send you a bill for it a few weeks later along with an extra €12 admin charge for all the 'trouble' they went through.

No, it shouldn't matter which company delivers it. If you've already paid the customs charge in advance, then you shoudn't have to pay any other fees.

I've had it before where I pre-paid the customs in advance and it was DHL who delivered it. When it came, delivery driver wanted more money off me so I just refused the delivery. E-mailed the site I bought it from and told them what happened. They sorted it out for me and the driver returned a few days later to deliver my stuff with no extra charge.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

I got a Jets Tebow jersey (green) and Sanchez one (older reebok, white). both were $19.99 each, if your support Jets or Jaguars there are some good ones, provided you dont mind the players names to be old players

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

sometimes the get stopped - i bought one and it wasnt charged customs - where my wife ordered me one and she ended up paying 25 euro customs charges - its just chance really

sometimes the get stopped - i bought one and it wasnt charged customs - where my wife ordered me one and she ended up paying 25 euro customs charges - its just chance really

I like to live dangerously

Just an update, sale is over i think but for future reference I wasnt slapped with any extra fee when the parcel arrived. Now unless I get a letter later on (cant imagine that since I have the jerseys now) it seems to be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Anyone receive a extra long? I got a Jets jersey and while I like it, it is a length +2 and would have been fairly big on me anyway. Don't think it's worth sending it back but I'm not sure if this was pointed out when I bought it or if they were just clearing stock and I got whatever they wanted rid of.

No custom charges on the one I received which is nice.

Anyone receive a extra long? I got a Jets jersey and while I like it, it is a length +2 and would have been fairly big on me anyway. Don't think it's worth sending it back but I'm not sure if this was pointed out when I bought it or if they were just clearing stock and I got whatever they wanted rid of.

No custom charges on the one I received which is nice.

Like the length? Does it say on a tag or anything "extra long" on the jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Like the length? Does it say on a tag or anything "extra long" on the jersey?

The tag on the lower left of the jersey has 'Length +2'. Not sure, maybe this is standard but it is quite a long fit on me. Great quality item but sizing is just a bit off.

Advertisement