Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

mikemac1 wrote:
    link explains the different network speeds as I didn't understand them when I got the OPO

great link...explained better than years in IT at college lol

Im city centre Dublin so presumably could avail of 4g?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yep, 4G available in Dublin city centre

You know you have it when you get LTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

mikemac1 wrote:
    You know you have it when you get LTE

mikemac1 wrote:
    Yep, 4G available in Dublin city centre

on Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Friends,
    This week marks a very special anniversary for OnePlus. Exactly one year ago this Thursday, April 23rd, we announced the OnePlus One to the world. Since then, we’ve been travelling down an exciting road; one with a few bumps, yes, but also one that has ultimately led to amazing things. We look at the OnePlus One and the community that has grown around it, and we feel proud.
    Since the early days, our company has changed quite a lot. We’ve grown to over 700 employees and have sold over one million OnePlus Ones worldwide. We’ve also learned an immeasurable amount from all of you. We pour over your comments on our forums and social media and soak in the feedback you give us at events all around the world. We try to not just listen, but also act on these lessons. Your feedback has resulted in a wider range of accessories, better logistics options and an evolution from invites to pre-orders to Tuesday Open Sales. Now, we’re taking it one step further.
    Starting today, the One will be available without an invite. Forever.
    - See more at: https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/04/open-sales-for-the-oneplus-one-forever/#sthash.WRTzWHTU.dpuf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

All the accessories have been reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

01902 wrote: »
    All the accessories have been reduced.

No power bank though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Has anyone had problems with the most recent update?I'm not sure if it's Cyanogen or Android (not sure about the difference) but since then downloads haven't worked properly and I don't know how to access usb storage anymore,the option is in the same place but it's unresponsive.I had to download a torch app as well as the app seemed to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Anyone not got the update yet? I haven't..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

kingstevii wrote: »

same here, nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'm waiting too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'm hoping to order mine this week. What's the waiting time at the minute

bbability wrote: »
    I'm hoping to order mine this week. What's the waiting time at the minute
    Should be a couple of days, you will have it early next week at the latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nope, two phones waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sokeeffe10

Would anyone recommend waiting out for the OnePlus Two , which was kinda of announced but no specs of price yet ? Said to be released in Q2/3 this year I believe. Or should I just bite the bullet and get this , I don't want to spend more than 400 so if OnePlus2 is more, I'll be out.
    What ya think ? :)

sokeeffe10 wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend waiting out for the OnePlus Two , which was kinda of announced but no specs of price yet ? Said to be released in Q2/3 this year I believe. Or should I just bite the bullet and get this , I don't want to spend more than 400 so if OnePlus2 is more, I'll be out.

Judging by how delayed all everything seeks to be with the likes of the one plus one updates and stuff, I wouldn't be holding my breathe for a timely release on the one plus two.. Also, can't see the one plus two being under for hundred when the one plus one is over 350 still..

sokeeffe10 wrote: »

Judging by how delayed everything seems to be with the likes of the one plus one updates and stuff, I wouldn't be holding my breathe for a timely release on the one plus two.. Also, can't see the one plus two being under for hundred when the one plus one is over 350 still..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sokeeffe10

Point taken, might treat on Friday payday :) Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone know whats happening with the powerbanks?

Am I checking the wrong page every day or something?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Getting close to camping season now and Im going to have to order a Xaoimi or something instead, no response to multiple emails...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Lollipop update came today :-)

• Advertisement

Lollipop update came today :-)

Won't be long so!

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats happening with the powerbanks?

Am I checking the wrong page every day or something?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Getting close to camping season now and Im going to have to order a Xaoimi or something instead, no response to multiple emails...
    They are on the site now, but cheapest shipping is 17.99 EUR, so you are looking at 33 EUR delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Am very excited :D

Have had a Note 2 for the past 2 years but with my contract up I couldn't face the cost of an upgrade vs the one plus one ( and being tied into a long contract! ) Never did use the stylus anyway :D

Will let you know how long I wait for delivery.

Anyone know anywhere which fixes them in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has the one plus one aged. I have an m8, but 1+1 is only 200e sim free unlocked in store here in Malaysia. I'm wondering is it worth just having one.

Edit. Actually I think that's on contract. Not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has the one plus one aged..

When someone sees mine and says 'is that a Samsung' and i say 'no its a one plus one' The confusion on there face never ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Anyone know anywhere which fixes them in Dublin?

What's the problem Paddyg?
    I broke my screen and ordered a replacement screen online and got a shop to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Got mine last week. It only took a week to arrive. I'm still getting my head around it but so far I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

My OPO is unusable due to a problem with the microphones. They've been giving me the runaround on the support ticket. I wouldn't buy from them again. Google would have replaced the device by now, based on past experience of manufacturing defects in Google products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ballooba wrote: »
    My OPO is unusable due to a problem with the microphones. They've been giving me the runaround on the support ticket. I wouldn't buy from them again. Google would have replaced the device by now, based on past experience of manufacturing defects in Google products.

Been the one thing holding me back on this phone looking at reddit and other forums. Support doesn't seem great, with most people being left to buy replacement parts and get them fitted themselves, at their own expense.

Sorry not paying that sort of money for something with no cover and infrastructure to deal with repairs or replacements. Was actually the main reason I cooled of my interest on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Grawns wrote: »
    Am very excited :D

Have had a Note 2 for the past 2 years but with my contract up I couldn't face the cost of an upgrade vs the one plus one ( and being tied into a long contract! ) Never did use the stylus anyway :D

Will let you know how long I wait for delivery.
    Arrived today :) It's going to be a doddle to set-up as it's so like my old note but now I have 4g :) I ordered the powerbank too and it's a big heavy clunky one. You wouldn't throw it in your handbag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Sold mine a few weeks back and got the iPhone 6. No regrets. The video was out of sync with YouTube and any video sites except Netflix. Too big to hold also. That's just my opinion tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

There's a one click toolkit released for the OnePlus One, looks good, will be a great help to some. does lots of stuff, unlock, flash ROMS, backup, apply root, backup EFS etc.
    http://www.oneplushub.net/2015/02/toolkitgui-oneplus-one-toolkit-by.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi folks. .

€349 + €18, is that the current cost of the handset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

When someone sees mine and says 'is that a Samsung' and i say 'no its a one plus one' The confusion on there face never ages.

"You mean an HTC one?"

I think I've only saw 2 other handsets in the wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I went into one of the midlands largest chain of mobile phone repairs last week in Tullamore, Co. Offaly and i mentioned i am considering getting a one plus one instead of Apple iphone and the man in the shop hadn't a clue what a one plus one was.

dahat wrote: »
    Hi folks. .

€349 + €18, is that the current cost of the handset?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I went into one of the midlands largest chain of mobile phone repairs last week in Tullamore, Co. Offaly and i mentioned i am considering getting a one plus one instead of Apple iphone and the man in the shop hadn't a clue what a one plus one was.
    That says more about him than the phone.

ballooba wrote: »

whats the problem with the microphone? Have you any call recorder apps by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Mine has restarted about 10 times in the last week. 2 times said it was upgrading Android apps went to booted up. If this continues will have to factory reset as can't handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

whats the problem with the microphone? Have you any call recorder apps by any chance?
    Hardware issue. Factory reset, and flashing multiple different ROMs did not solve it. I have been granted an RMA, but they seem to have made a mess of that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Price reduced to 249e for 16gb & 299e for 64gb as per https://oneplus.net/ie/one

Basically back to prices before dollar - euro price adjustment.

Valid until 7th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

blobbie wrote: »
    Price reduced to 249e for 16gb & 299e for 64gb as per https://oneplus.net/ie/one

Valid until 7th June.

Clearing some stock before the one plus two comes out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

blobbie wrote: »

Valid until 7th June.

Well ****e, hoping to buy one the week after that.

RossieMan wrote: »

September at the latest.

Or if its like the launch of lollipop on the oneplus one, then after christmas at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea i wouldn't be buying the first batch anyway. Let them iron out any kinks which are sure to come up.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yea i wouldn't be buying the first batch anyway. Let them iron out any kinks which are sure to come up.

Without a doubt. i love mine, best phone in the world as long as nothing goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

64GB sold out right now? can that be correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

both models sold out

Advertisement