Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heat Recovery Too Dry

• 11-12-2018 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all I have heat recovery installed in my home I think it’s very good, but I wake up every night with sinus as dry as can be, what can I do to stop this or is it a case of a humidifier?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

If the heating is on put a wet towel/facecloth on the radiator in the room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭madmac187

I have underfloor heating, wouldn’t mind but I don’t have it set very high 17 upstairs and 19 down stairs. But I do like an open fire in the stove. I’m wondering do I set it lower again to stop it happening. ?? Or humidifier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭madmac187

I have underfloor heating, wouldn’t mind but I don’t have it set very high 17 upstairs and 19 down stairs. But I do like an open fire in the stove. I’m wondering do I set it lower again to stop it happening. ?? Or humidifier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Clothes horse in the bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2000

Try a large bowl of water in the bedroom, it may be be able easy first option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

madmac187 wrote: »
    Hi all I have heat recovery installed in my home I think it’s very good, but I wake up every night with sinus as dry as can be, what can I do to stop this or is it a case of a humidifier?

Is it possible the unit is running at too high a speed? Can it be set to run at a lower setting (i.e. lower air exchange rate)? Perhaps have a chat with the installation/commissioning company.

Advertisement