Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long have you off for Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Beasty wrote: »
    Adminning don't stop for XMas…..

:)

Mine does for Public Holidays! (And weekends!) Pen pushing M-F only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Two glorious weeks, baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Finish 21st, back 2nd. Mandatory holidays though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Patww79 wrote: »
    Finish 21st, back 2nd. Mandatory holidays though.

Would hate to have to take mandatory holidays at this time of year. I want to be off in summer at a time of my choosing where possible good weather long evenings and stuff to do. I’m off the 25th and 26th and it’s more than enough thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Something similar finish up the morning of the 23rd (night shifts) and back in on the 5th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I work Christmas day and Stephens day this year but get 10 days off after for my trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Wow lots of people working between Christmas and New Years. We're off from 21st until the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Last day tomorrow, not back til the 27th for 2 days then not back til the 2nd (hols included, delighted!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Worked Christmas day/Stephen's day last year, so have both off this year, on nights for New Years Eve.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm thinking from the 24th (inclusive) till Wednesday the 2nd - or possibly just take the Thursday and Friday as well.

I will keep the work phone around during the days most people are back though just in case anything happens.

Upside of this is complete flexibility in my day to day working location. If I need/want to work from home I can without needing approval or taking annual leave to cover stuff like deliveries or repairs etc.

I don't abuse it though, put in 10 hour days and I'm always around when needed. For me it's a fair trade.

• Advertisement

21st Dec - 7th of Jan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

11 days but will end up working one day somewhere inbetween Christmas Day and New Years. So not too bad although normally I wouldn’t have to work at all between Christmas and New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Finish on Friday 21st. Back 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Noveight wrote: »
    Two glorious weeks, baby.

Likewise. And will have to do another month after the break before another week off.

Hardship.

Edit: For clarity, I only do a three day week. Just in case anybody was feeling sorry for me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Three days - 25th, 26th, 27th
    Tuesday is the worst day for Christmas Day to fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Finished Dec 21st.
    Back in the office jab 2nd .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Played it smart in work with holidays and volunteered to work Christmas Day, so that got me any days off i asked for, plus the normal sat/sundays off which gives me about 12 days off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

12 glorious days. Much needed. Spent over 20 years only having the 25th off so I’ve done my fair share I think ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

18 days. It is going to be glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Working 24th, 25th & 26th.

Have New Year’s Eve off at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Working right through Christmas

3 & 1/2 weeks. Not due back til January.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

The 12th of December until the 7th of January.

That's because I'm getting married on the 15th though and heading on the ol' honeymoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Alanhooly wrote: »
    The 12th of December until the 7th of January.

That's because I'm getting married on the 15th though and heading on the ol' honeymoon :)

Congrats!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My husband has 18 days off, I have 4. Would have had just Christmas day off but managed to swap some shifts. Really going to enjoy it because I'm sure next year I wont be so lucky.

Working 7 days in a row leading up to it so I'll be wrecked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

15Dec to 7th Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My workplace is only closing Christmas day and Stephens day, but I'll probably take 7-10 days off. They'll manage without me! As employers go they're very family-friendly, and totally understand that I want to spend Christmas with my son. :) I only have him every second year at Christmas so will make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Probably one, maybe two if I'm beyond lucky.

You've got it made if you get a week or more. You don't know how lucky you are. The fact that a lot of people get two weeks off just is incredible to me.

Just the one. I used to work it so it's an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

None :) Christmas isn't celebrated in my part of the world.

Advertisement