Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front door saddle

Options
  • 10-12-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Appreciate any advice here.
    We had to pull up flooring in hallway (old solid wood flooring) and it couldn't be saved to refit. Therefore we're carpeting the hallway with same carpet as stairs and landing.
    It's due end of week.

I am concerned about the door saddle and think maybe I should try do something myself here before they fit the carpet.

Any suggestions on what I should get?

Also I'm not great at DIY so any recommendation that's easy, or I can get shop to cut to size etc, would be good.

It's ~ 80cm width, @ 5cm wide.

467866.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

ste wrote: »
    We had to pull up flooring in hallway (old solid wood flooring) and it couldn't be saved to refit. Therefore we're carpeting the hallway with same carpet as stairs and landing.
    It's due end of week.

I am concerned about the door saddle and think maybe I should try do something myself here before they fit the carpet.

Also I'm not great at DIY so any recommendation that's easy, or I can get shop to cut to size etc, would be good.

467866.jpg

Thanks

Am I right in saying the carpet is going down on the floor either side of the saddle??

If so;
    My advice would be to level it off with a hammer and chisel. Leave the saddle flush with the floors either side of it. The carpet fitters will run it straight through(you should let them know if the plan originally was that there would be a saddle)

It's due end of week.

467866.jpg

Thanks

Take a photo from the tile side with the camera down low about 4inches from the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Sorry should have posted these before. Tiles staying. No discussion about saddle so I believe fitters will fit to edge and finish with a metal trim unless I do something in advance.

467874.JPG

Sorry should have posted these before. Tiles staying. No discussion about saddle so I believe fitters will fit to edge and finish with a metal trim unless I do something in advance.

467874.JPG

Yeah id just leave as is and he will finish it in. Doesnt look a problem.

Thats only my opinion. Im not a carpet fitter but have had carpet put down recently.

Advertisement