Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a novice out with hair straighteners

Options
  • 27-11-2018 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

So I started growing out a pixie cut just over a year ago and I'm now just about hitting shoulder length. I bought a cheap pair of straighteners from Penneys to tide me over for a while. They were okay while it was a bit shorter, but now they're just not really doing the job any more.
    Christmas is coming and I'm hoping Santa might bring me a new pair ;)

Now the thing is, I don't know what to go for. I have asked my long haired friends and most of them have GHD's, however they're all older GHD's and I've heard that the new ones just aren't as good. A work colleague swears that Cloud 9 straighteners are the way to go.

I've had short hair since my early twenties (late thirties now) so really don't have a clue what to go for.
    All help greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I haven't noticed a difference in the old/ new GHD straightener. They last YEARS though, so in my opinion are well worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I haven't noticed a difference in the old/ new GHD straightener. They last YEARS though, so in my opinion are well worth the investment.

Gosh, now that you mention it, I’ve had my ghd since 2004!! It’s still working fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Gosh, now that you mention it, I’ve had my ghd since 2004!! It’s still working fine.

yeah, I've had mine for 11 years now and no hint of a problem with it. They really do last well.

Advertisement