Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine installation

Options
  • 19-11-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how much roughly would it cost for a washing machine installation?

The pipe is on the wall already. I think it just needs to be hooked up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The pipe is on the wall already. I think it just needs to be hooked up.

Whatever your plumbers call out fee is. Can't see it costing more than that. Companies like power city charge around 60 euro but you also have to pay them for the delivery so plumber will be cheaper than power city if you pick it up yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Whatever your plumbers call out fee is. Can't see it costing more than that. Companies like power city charge around 60 euro but you also have to pay them for the delivery so plumber will be cheaper than power city if you pick it up yourself

I have the washing machine already.

I had been told 75 from a plumber I sort of know, but look on google quotes are from 80 to 100quid, one company 140+...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Do you have a cold water feed and a waste pipe outlet in place? If so, you can do it yourself no problem. Just make sure to remove the transit bars, they lock the drum in place during shipping but need to be removed during installation. All explained in the user manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

And make sure it's perfectly level (use a spirit level and adjust the feet as necessary) so it doesn't vibrate overly when spinning. Noisy to listen to but more to the point, not good for the machine. But as coylemj said, you can do it yourself (or maybe get a mate just to help with the lifting as they're heavy).

Advertisement