Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI and repeating a module

Options
  • 08-09-2018 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there!

I'm a second year student in UL and I am going to be repeating one module on a link-in basis in the spring semester. I've already been awarded a grant for the 2018/19 year. I understand that under these circumstances I am not eligible for a grant and I'm thinking i should cancel my application for this year and apply again as normal next time around. Is this correct? Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

Hi there!

I'm a second year student in UL and I am going to be repeating one module on a link-in basis in the spring semester. I've already been awarded a grant for the 2018/19 year. I understand that under these circumstances I am not eligible for a grant and I'm thinking i should cancel my application for this year and apply again as normal next time around. Is this correct? Any advice would be appreciated :)

You can’t get susi for any repeat level of study. What you have to do is repeat the year with your own money, as in pay all your fees yourself, so the tuition and student contribution. When you progress onto the next year you will be able to apply for susi again. As long as your financial means and other qualifying criteria remain eligible. Otherwise to get SUSI and free tuition fees for the same level of study you need to wait five years to be a second chance student where you start a new course from scratch.

Advertisement