Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I watched a small bit of gameplay/cut scene video the other night and it looked seriously impressive.

I played RE2 before I ever played RE1 and it made me go back to RE1, cant wait for a bit of nostalgia as the latest offerings have been a bit hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm both excited and terrified to see the
    alligator
    . Think I'll avoid any more trailers in case they reveal it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Any shots of HUNK yet?

Any shots of HUNK yet?

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F10%2F140899878.jpg&w=800&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Any shots of HUNK yet?

Forget Hunk. Where is Tofu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this looks amazing, the one thing I hate is
    being stalked by an unkillable enemy didn't like the nemeisis, the immortal space alien in Dead Space 1
    and others of their ilk

the clips have me playing the old RE1 remake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this looks amazing, the one thing I hate is...

Unkillable but not unbeatable. You got weapon mods for knocking him out. Not worth the ammo but it was something at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Was Operation Raccoon City considered canon? If so I wonder if there will be any references to it because at the end of it your team encountered Leon and Claire at the RPD building

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Was Operation Raccoon City considered canon? If so I wonder if there will be any references to it because at the end of it your team encountered Leon and Claire at the RPD building

Nah it isn't and in any case this remake is focusing on 2 so any of the future games won't be taken into consideration I'd say.

Just a thought, the games take place at the same time and share a number of overlapping scenarios.

• Advertisement

Just a thought, the games take place at the same time and share a number of overlapping scenarios.

They might have a fun reference to it I know they had one to the outbreak fames in resident 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I somehow doubt it. That game was absolute pish, just a spinoff. Not sure how much of it’s plot actually ties in properly with the Resi timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this looks amazing, the one thing I hate is
    being stalked by an unkillable enemy didn't like the nemeisis, the immortal space alien in Dead Space 1
    and others of their ilk

the clips have me playing the old RE1 remake

Yeah i wasnt too happy with that at all.
    They're also adding new areas to the game, one for Leon is called the Orphanage.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yeah i wasnt too happy with that at all.
    They're also adding new areas to the game, one for Leon is called the Orphanage.

Just reading that has already creeped me out! :pac:

HUNK is badass and they have confirmed he will make an appearance in RE2 so I guess it's just a question of whether he will have a small side quest like the original RE2 or he will have a part with some real substance like ORC which established how he ended up unconscious in the sewers after the rest of his team got killed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I am dying waiting for this game it’s killing me lol cmon Xmas hurry up and pass so we can get closer to this beast

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

Good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

madcabbage wrote: »
    I somehow doubt it. That game was absolute pish, just a spinoff. Not sure how much of it’s plot actually ties in properly with the Resi timeline.

I think ORC was under-rated, the campaign was great fun but co-op was absolutely essential, playing on your own wasn't great.

The multiplayer was really solid too, offered something really unique with the whole team deathmatch whilst also dealing with hordes of zombies and BOWs (forget what game mode was called). Very few reviews actually gave it credit for the MP though.

I think critics were overly tough on it because it was just a massively dumbed down shooter that had nothing other than its name in common with the franchise.

It's not an 8/10 game but definitely not a 2/10 either but I put more time into ORC than any other Resident Evil game.

Unfortunately it doesn't work very well anymore on PC as it requires a lot of effort to get it working due to the GWL crap tied into it.

Apparently still has an active player base though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ash1920

Whoa I was waiting for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I preordered where the heck is the theme? Anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

HUNK is badass and they have confirmed he will make an appearance in RE2 so I guess it's just a question of whether he will have a small side quest like the original RE2 or he will have a part with some real substance like ORC which established how he ended up unconscious in the sewers after the rest of his team got killed

-snip Hunk video-

So badass his MP5 makes the sound of an M60 in that clip

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I think someones else mentioned it earlier, but are we in fact getting the alligator in the sewers? I saw a gameplay video of the sewers and it looks like Leon was fighting a G-type enemy, similar size to the gator, but I never actually saw it. Anyone else know if they scrapped the gator and are just going to have that in its place?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think someones else mentioned it earlier, but are we in fact getting the alligator in the sewers? I saw a gameplay video of the sewers and it looks like Leon was fighting a G-type enemy, similar size to the gator, but I never actually saw it. Anyone else know if they scrapped the gator and are just going to have that in its place?

The gator has pretty much been confirmed but how you fight him has changed seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

Vicxas wrote: »
    The gator has pretty much been confirmed but how you fight him has changed seemingly.

Color me interested. Thanks!

I saw the clip of Leon fighting a monster in the sewers, it looks exactly like the Birkin clone that (literally) tore the reporter apart in the RPD then scuttled away to mutate and grow huge in the original RE2. The new clip even shows it spitting multiple small parasites which was originally it's main attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I saw the clip of Leon fighting a monster in the sewers, it looks exactly like the Birkin clone that (literally) tore the reporter apart in the RPD then scuttled away to mutate and grow huge in the original RE2. The new clip even shows it spitting multiple small parasites which was originally it's main attack

Ya that’s the G-monster. Just a bit bigger now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think id bother with the demo TBH.

I'd prefer to go in fresh on release day to get those sweet blasts of nostalgia.

It's going to be great., I'm already cringing at what kendos death is going to be like with the re engine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else feel like Capcom have been over doing it with the reveals? I mean, I was as excited as anyone to finally see it but now I find myself looking away. They're showing too much IMO.

Advertisement