Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loreto Abbey

Options
  • 04-05-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,
    I've recently become interested in the Lorto Abbey site and its wealth of attached history.
    When using google to unearth information, this is the main site ive found, http://www.rathfarnham.com/loreto%20abbey.html!
    The problem is the data on William Palliser is incorrect,and so I'm lead to believe the rest of it is questionable.
    Id love to find the names of books or other websites which may have a good source of info on this site,
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

Hi there,

Have you been to Ballyroan library? They have a really good selection of books on local history, including some on Rathfarnham. I think it could be a good place to start.

You have probably already seen this website as well: http://www.loreto.ie/archives/foundations-made-by-m-teresa-ball/186-loreto-abbey-rathfarnham-

Books: (Don;t know how easy these are to access)

Loreto Abbey Rathfarnham : a brief guide / [Michael Connolly

"The Abbey" : an appreciation of Loreto Abbey, Rathfarnham / [researched and written by Anne Dempsey et al.]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paddy2uk

Well thats a great start,
    Im not very skilled at finding research material so those pointers are brilliant!
    I hadnt come accross your Loreto Abbey website,the photo's of the sisters are v good!
    Thanks a mill

Advertisement