Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best software for family tree?

• 12-05-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Have always been into genealogy and have traced back so far to several gg-grandparents on various sides. I'm looking for family tree software (free or not) where I can plug away with all the info, dates etc I have so far and it will kinda construct itself, if you know what I mean? Don't mind paying a bit or buying it.

So far, no major scandal apart from a gg-grandfather that managed to get himself assassinated through his bedroom window :o He went to a cattle fair to meet his in-laws, got hammered and happened to mention that he had heard of a plot to kill the landlord. Tongues being what they are, it obviously got back to the landlord's men by night-time and they dispatched him readily, leaving a young wife and a scatter of kids. Poor woman :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Is it for Windows?

I've played around with a few different programs, but I've stuck with Legacy Family Tree since 2000 when it was version 2.0 - it's at version 7.5 now.

The standard program is free, and there's a deluxe version that has extra bells and whistles for $30, but you don't need it. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you do a search on this forum, we've talked about this before and there's a few suggestions on that thread.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I use Myheritage.com.

There is a free version of the builder program which you download and it also allows you to upload the information to the Myheritage site so you can invite other family members to join your account so that they can see your work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Thanks for those helpful replies!

Advertisement