Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Keith Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Not sure if he's a celebrity or not, but that Ryan Tuburty kunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

smilerf wrote: »
    Keith Barry

Is he still around?

I haven't really heard of him since the turn of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Is he still around?

He made himself disappear..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Karl Henry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

eviltwin wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan. About as funny as crabs.

in fairness, he was funny when he first started out....but nowadays he's trying too hard to be an irish Billy Connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

fryup wrote: »
    in fairness, he was funny when he first started out....but nowadays he's trying too hard to be an irish Billy Connolly

Roaring + that Navan accent = my poor ears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

People think that he comes across as an arrogant smug D4 toff. An unfair estimation imo.

Since his retirement he has been annoying people through his media work (specifically on Newstalk radio).

In fairness he is very bland and extraordinarily unfunny at times. Not suited to that line of work imo.

And His wife is an irritating fame junkie ... who gets endless opportunities from RTE despite numerous shows tanking ....and the indo have them as Oirelanss prince and princess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People think that he comes across as an arrogant smug D4 toff. An unfair estimation imo.

Since his retirement he has been annoying people through his media work (specifically on Newstalk radio).

In fairness he is very bland and extraordinarily unfunny at times. Not suited to that line of work imo.

You should give him call some time, give him few tips.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Is he still around?

Nah he is great myself and my missus see him once a year in Ireland. He does Vegas and was a consultant on the two block buster films "Now you see me" and "Now you see me 2".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    Brendan Grace

Brendan please retire your jokes are old & stale like Boland biscuits
    Has he written any new material since 1987? 1977

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Nah he is great myself and my missus see him once a year in Ireland. He does Vegas and was a consultant on the two block buster films "Now you see me" and "Now you see me 2".

Hi Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Isn't Disappearing from the spotlight part of his job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

your ma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

van_beano wrote: »
    All TD's

What then? Army council?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Joe Duffy.

A sanctimonious, talentless, whinging, wanker nugde nudge wink winked ;) into RTE by Gay Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Ray D'arcy.... has something principled to say about most issues, but when RTE presenters salaries were mentioned when he worked on Today FM, "mumble mumble not underselling yourself mumble mumble"

Joe Duffy.. give me strength

Nicky Byrne...Fair play to him for pulling in a nice salary...Some Knob

Anna Geary...what's that about

Laura Woods

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

yasmin akram

Joe Duffy.

A sanctimonious, talentless, whinging, wanker nugde nudge wink winked ;) into RTE by Gay Byrne.

A lot of that sociology course ran together, Joe Duffy, Brenda Donaghue and Dave Fanning, Gerry Ryan, Ian Dempsey, all came into RTE1/2FM together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    yasmin akram

She comes across as very annoying in that Billionaire B&B show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A lot of that sociology course ran together, Joe Duffy, Brenda Donaghue and Dave Fanning, Gerry Ryan, Ian Dempsey, all came into RTE1/2FM together.

What sociology course are you referring to? None of the people you mentioned have studied sociology. They didnt even go to the same university. ryan and dempsey didnt even go to college. And they didnt join RTE at the same time.

What sociology course are you referring to? None of the people you mentioned have studied sociology. They didnt even go to the same university. ryan and dempsey didnt even go to college. And they didnt join RTE at the same time.

Actually that is correct about Donahue and Duffy. Gerry Ryan was a solicitor/Barrister? There was more money in 2FM than there was deviling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Actually that is correct about Donahue and Duffy. Gerry Ryan was a solicitor/Barrister? There was more money in 2FM than there was deviling.

but what sociology course are you referring to? None of them studied sociology.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Leo the Langer

but what sociology course are you referring to? None of them studied sociology.

I just corrected myself there. I thought I remembered on RTE Brenda O Donoghue saying she was doing sociology in UCD and she worked in the canteen to make extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Doireann Gahirty , another show on RTE, of her doing the same impressions just in a different costume, please RTE staff you don't have to get everyone who'se related to you a job

Doireann Gahirty , another show on RTE, of her doing the same impressions just in a different costume, please RTE staff you don't have to get everyone who'se related to you a job

If your rich daddy can sign the cheque for the Billie Barry school you are entitled to a great job in RTE. Talent and IQ is not a barrier to work at RTE. Some people will tell you, Lack there of, is a prerequisite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

That Sheahan lad, the chef.

dense wrote: »
    That Sheahan lad, the chef.

hold up a minute there, he isnt a qualified chef. He is some part time model waster that was pushed forward under a lot of daddys money. The important thing is that your granny thinks he is nice and non threatening to your teenage daughter as eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

hold up a minute there, he isnt a qualified chef. He is some part time model waster that was pushed forward under a lot of daddys money. The important thing is that your granny thinks he is nice and non threatening to your teenage daughter as eye candy.

Him particularly, but any celebrity chef, qualified or otherwise. I expect he's as chirpy off camera 247 as he is on...... how could you face that every day???

Advertisement