Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Kysrium Elite S

Options
  • 08-12-2018 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Mavic Kysrium Elite S wheelset for sale, Shimano 11 speed freehub. Used but loads of life left in braketrack on both wheels. Front wheel needs new bearings.

200 euro

Can post pics if there is interest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

Am interested ( I was about to post a wanted ad ). Is the freehub in good nick , what make are the hubs.. approx how many km on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭billy121

The freehub is fine, would need to look again at them but no major grooves in any of the splines and cassette (shimano 10/11) goes on off no problem. Cassette does not slip when on either so freehub is fine.

The hubs are mavic as far as I know as they have mavic logos on them. They are the silver version the same as this:

http://cycle-art.co.uk/reviews/mavic-ksyrium-elite-s-wheelset-review/index.html

As mentioned I think the front needs new bearing which shouldnt cost alot as there is some dodgy creaking when out of he saddle putting weight up front - shouldnt be a big deal - 30 euro ish at you lbs i reckon.

plenty of life in brake surface too ie not concaved at all. I reckon their is about 5-8K km on them so they have defo been used but do still have life in them. If you are interested I can post pics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ok, I'd be happy with changing the bearing as long as that's what it is.. does the bearing feel rough spinning the wheel or turning the axle with the wheel off.
    I figured out afterwards that Mavic do their own hubs.. grand. Offer 150

Yeah they spin smooth by hand but creak under load so I reckon it must be the bearings but I am no mechanic so cant be sure. If you are happy with this Offer of 150 accepted. PM to arrange.

pictures

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

billy121 wrote: »
    Yeah they spin smooth by hand but creak under load so I reckon it must be the bearings
    try a drop of oil on the contact points for the spokes. i had something similar before, and i think spoke nipples were creaking. oil sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Also try a drop of oil on the skewers. They sometimes squeak under load.

Gerry has decided to back out of the purchase after making an offer for the wheels so these are back for sale.

150 is the new price as I accepted Gerry's offer on the thread. No lower.

This is excellent value for this wheelset

Advertisement