Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clause 804 or 3" Down

• 12-12-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi,Some im looking to spread a lorry load 20 tonne of hardcore for a 20 foot container and wondered would 804 be a bit small ,would 3" down be more suitable considering i will have to wheel barrow some of the load and spread some by rake,is 3" down much harder to work with than 804 which i assume is 1.5" down.Also is there enough fines in 3" down to compact for the container.cheers.Ive been quoted 290 for 804 and 280 for 3" down inc vat delivered.Prices seem to have gone up ,ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Rolling and compacting will be more important. If you have to spread it by hand you will probably have to compact it with a whacker plate?

804 is a set grading so you know what you're getting. As far as I'm aware, although I could be corrected, there is no agreed grading for "3 inch down" so you might get different things from different quarries.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭The11Duff

804 would be easier to shift around with a wheelbarrow and also easier level and compact

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Thanks guys,i have ordered the 804,the ground is prity stable underfoot near a hedgerow so should be ok,interesting regarding the 3" down standard as you say,in fairness Kilsaran lady said i could pop down and see the grade myself,it did sound like there was plenty of smaller and fines in it.But to barrow and rake as you say id prob be taking a chance with the larger 3",thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Strictly speaking, as its a foundation: SR21 & IS 888 apply, which do away with the 804 notion

duplicate thread

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Strictly speaking, as its a foundation: SR21 & IS 888 apply, which do away with the 804 notion

duplicate thread
    Hey Calahonda,Surely SR21 is a little overkill for a steel container,no need for radon barrier,just reasing there the 4 grades of hardcore required for SR2 T0 to T3,i understand the requirement for buildings etc especially with all the pyrite issues and millenial poor builds but my small container should suffice with 804,No ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

duplicate thread

sr21(annex e) and Is888 are only applicable where concrete slabs and footpaths are installed. Sounds like the OP is creating a sub-base road/yard build up, in which case I'd be looking at a layer of capping 6F2 or similar (depth ground dependant) followed by 150-200mm of well compacted cl804.

kieran. wrote: »
    sr21(annex e) and Is888 are only applicable where concrete slabs and footpaths are installed. Sound like the OP is creating a sub-base road/yard build up, in which case I'd be look at a layer of capping 6F2 or similar (depth ground dependant) followed by 150-200mm of well compacted cl804.

Thanks Kieran,Yep 6F2 which i take it is same as 3" down from what ive read on quarry sites, then followed by layer of 804 .The reason im only putting 804 down is my friend who does groundworks checked the ground and was well happy with it,said ideally use both but that i would probably get away with just 804.thanks again.

Advertisement