Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certain Rads not heating

Options
  • 12-12-2018 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭

Hey i have a Bungalow with an Open Vented Cold Feed Heating System. 2 Pipe.

13 Radiators in total. Oil Burner. Removed 2 back boilers (stanley stove and fireplace boiler)

Have had problems with 2 of the radiators not heating prior to removing the back boilers and now its 4 of the radiators.

The non heating Rads appear from what i can tell to be on the return end. (its buried in concrete so pipes are following the perimeters of the rooms. So up to 9 radiators are heating and the remaining 4 are not getting anything - no heat on the feed pipe either.

All these rads are bled and seem to be getting water. So what should i be looking at next? Pump on its way out? Blockages ? Where to start.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Turn off the 9 rads that are working and the balance valve on the copper cylinder and see what what you get in the 4 rads

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Got them all working.

Some not super efficiently which leads me to believe there's crap build up in them.

Probably just pull them ones out and replace. They're original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Are they just lukewarm or hot on top,cold on the bottom.The balance valve on the cylinder,turn one revolution open from closed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

agusta wrote: »
    Are they just lukewarm or hot on top,cold on the bottom.The balance valve on the cylinder,turn one revolution open from closed

Going to go back at them with a thermometer when it's cold and day time . Get a proper job done fully.

Advertisement