Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laminate flooring

• 12-12-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi everyone.....I'm putting down laminate flooring on top of my existing flooring and I have 2 steps as seen in the photos. I'm just wondering what is the best way to finish off the 2 steps, all help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why not just sand and revarnish the wooden floor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hesker

kerdiff wrote: »
    Hi everyone.....I'm putting down laminate flooring on top of my existing flooring and I have 2 steps as seen in the photos. I'm just wondering what is the best way to finish off the 2 steps, all help is much appreciated.

Have never done this myself but if you Google “laminate stair nosing” you should get plenty of ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hesker

kerdiff wrote: »

Have never done this myself but if you Google “laminate stair nosing” you should get plenty of ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Thanks for the reply but it's kind of a soft wood and the floor will take a lot of traffic so laminate would be hard wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Sanding and re varnishing is a lot of dirty work, long drawn out, and needs a professional, and also it would take varnish along time to dry this time of yr, more expensive also, I have the laminate flooring down on top of other floor, it is beautiful, cheaper, easier, and less hassle and time, no varnish smells or waiting for drying varnish, and the laminate is really hard wearing, you can get it in so many shades and patterns,

• Advertisement
Advertisement