Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internal soil stack & shower/sink waste pipi connect

• 06-12-2018 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Looking at getting the shower room upgraded with the hope of replacing the existing shower with a low profile walk in shower.

The existing shower tray was installed on a platform to accomodate the waste trap and waste water pipe. The pipe is boxed in and runs along the wall to an internal soil stack. The shower/ sink waste water pipe was attached to a sloped pipe going into the stack beneath the level of the floor. I'm wondering if any one here has come across this and wonder if a low profile shower is possible with an internal stack?
    The missus wants a low profile shower and to take away the boxed in piping...
    Not sure what to do here. Have spoken to two bathroom upgrade people. One said he would go out through the wall into a hopper box and down. Turns out he was going to run it into a rainwater gulley when I questioned it.
    Another said its possible but when asked how they just said it would be no problem...no definate answer.
    Is this something that can be done? What's the best way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

concrete floor ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

Its an upstairs shower room. I can run the pipes between joists.
    Is there a low profile shower trap that will fit underneath the shower tray between the joists?

The problem then is running the shower waste pipe into the stack soil pip i.e running the pipe into the stack so it will have a correct incline. (How to stop foul odour coming back up through pipe...)

Am I allowed to put a new stack outside attached to the wall on the side of the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

leinster93 wrote:
    The problem then is running the shower waste pipe into the stack soil pip i.e running the pipe into the stack so it will have a correct incline. (How to stop foul odour coming back up through pipe...)

the trap on the tray will have the pipe connection just below floor level so if your floor joices are 7" in depth you should have loads of scope for incline. the optimum fail is 10mm drop for every 250mm length of pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Be careful to get a decent tray for this as it needs to be solid enough to support the weight above as access to the pipework will be gone once fitted. Dont skimp on tray or sealing around the tray. This type of shower is an easy one to get wrong and end up cutting through the ceiling below for repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

listermint wrote: »
    Be careful to get a decent tray for this as it needs to be solid enough to support the weight above as access to the pipework will be gone once fitted. Dont skimp on tray or sealing around the tray. This type of shower is an easy one to get wrong and end up cutting through the ceiling below for repairs.

I had a bathroom renovation company suggest 1700mm low profile tray, 800mm wet room panel.
    Not sure what the best shower tray to get and thinking a more solid tray might be safer bearing in mind what you've highlighted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement