Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ñest thermostat

Options
  • 04-12-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Are there any good or over rated got a quote for 570 to install ll one with stand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

torrevieja wrote: »
    Are there any good or over rated got a quote for 570 to install ll one with stand

Anybody(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I got one installed in my mothers house last year under a deal with electric ireland which I think is still available. Worth checking it out if you aren't tied in to an existing contract.

Device itself is very easy to use and looks well. My mother only uses the most basic functions i.e. presets but it does the job well. Controls are simple to set and can be remotely operated via the app if connected to the internet + ties in with smart home features which i haven't tried.

bonkers.ie has the plan with the device still listed

3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat + Installation for only €130

• Registered Users Posts: 23,297 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That price is taking the pi55. Your energy provider would do a much better price.

It’s a 20 minute job, the unit costs about 250. You are being charged about 1,000 Euro an hour for labour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

It is simple... do it yourself for Gods sake.

I have them in the office and in the house too. Installed them all myself. Have three zones in the house and four zones in the office.

Nest also have excellent customer service as I had an issue with the house due to air conditioner and furnace being on the same thermostat.

570 to install is a ridiculous amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Depends on how the heating is currently wired,do you have motorised valves?do you currently have 1 or 2 zone timeclock?
    The price could include wiring it correctly with a new cable going up to the hotpress.
    If its just a single zone you have its too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

go on electric Ireland website, and order two of them. They will install for you. You don't have to be their customer.

I got installed my self from them . All you do , is place two orders. One order just nest thermostat and second separate order nest with boiler service.

This way you get two zone and stand as well in their pack.

https://shop.electricireland.ie/products/install-detail/nest-thermostat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

sorry folks i should explain better its nest thermostat €263
    nest thermostat to install €180
    nest stand € 50

there doing it for €500

Advertisement