Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Live quiz app

Options
  • 07-12-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Anyone using this?

It's a live game show where everyone can play for a share of a cash prize. 12 questions, get one wrong and you're out (though you can still play on to see how many questions you would have gotten right), plus you only have 10 seconds to answer so you can't Google answers. There are 2 shows per day and sometimes they're themed.

It's pretty interesting and works quite well - only a few mins out of your day to take part but you do need to be online at the scheduled times. I have had issues with connectivity however and at times only the question appears - "that's all you need," you might think, but sometimes the question relates to a video that doesn't display which is frustrating.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

The prizes (£500, £1000 or £2500) are shared between the winners, so you might get lucky and share £500 with only nine other people or you might get less than £10.

I'd be fairly pissed off if I got twelve questions right in a row and only got £7 out of £1000!

It's "free" to play, but they (News UK) probably make money by exchanging your data with Facebook and marketing companies. They're privacy policy is explained in detail here: https://newsprivacy.co.uk/single/

The questions start off easy and get gradually harder, with one or two trick questions along the way ("You know what that was? An EVIL question!"). To get the twelve questions you'd need to be really good at quizzes and lucky with the questions you don't know, maybe that's the kind of challenge that will appeal to the Puzzles and Quizzes forum.

Advertisement