Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes for the rain!

• 27-11-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Looking for footwear suggestions for my public transport commute in this weather! I'll be changing shoes in the office so style isn't the main priority.

Something less drastic then wellies and easier to put on/off then a Doc Martin (I hear they're good for this weather).

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Leather ankle or knee-high boots, maybe? You wouldn't need to change them, depending on the outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Shoes with a goretex layer would be waterproof. Clarks have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Duck boots LL Bean...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dubarry do good goretex shoes.
    I wear hiking boots , they do not look bad and keep my feet dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Most walking shoes/boots are waterproof. Check the outdoor stores or Sports Direct. I got a pair there and my feet are always dry when I arrive in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pearl787

Any of the walking shoes you can get in Regatta should be waterproof. It should be written on them if they're waterproof. I got a pair of grey trainers in there and they look a bit like sketchers. Great job in the rain. They keep my socks nice and dry at work. :)

Advertisement