Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE query

Options
  • 17-10-2018 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭

We bought two tipper lorries in an auction in England a few months back. We got the VRT and Irish licence plates, but only tested one, as was in no panic to use the other lorry. We wrote this off the road straight away for motor tax.

Just got the DOE done on this lorry last friday, but the next DOE test is due next May , not next October. Is this correct , as it would have been the first test done in this country ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Test works from date of first registration of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Test works from date of first registration of the vehicle.

Not true when it’s a import .
    This has happened me before , when I questioned it they just said it’s because it was layed therefore it only gets a 6 month test . You can appeal it to RSA . I did and they gave me a full 12 month test but that was a few year back .
    Basically it’s a €€€€€€ making scam but no one dare say anything against RSA as that wouldn’t be PC !!!!

Advertisement