Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XXXTentacion shot dead.

• 19-06-2018 7:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

RIP

Reports saying it was a robbery gone bad. Who knows. Very sad to lose such a young life.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Terrible to hear this today, terrible to hear that there are alot of jokes flying around about it as well.

The young man had his demons, done some bad sh*t but was by all means trying to work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The young man had his demons, done some bad sh*t but was by all means trying to work it out.

He wasn't trying to work anything out, just give the optics he was trying to improve because he was to be tried for robbery, battery, false imprisonment, yadda yadda. Same way as here you'll find solicitors coaching their clients to give €500 to the poor box and say they've been seeking anger management to avoid prison. Lad was a scumbag and went out of his way to be one. Turns out that if you piss off everyone you meet, eventually you're going to put a big ole bullseye on your forehead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've no doubt that some of the things that he has been doing where to smooth over his appearance, but by all accounts he was trying to sort himself out.
    He's had some life and battled with mental illness along the way. He was accused of horrendous stuff, and you'd have to question the legitimacy of those claims given the delays in getting to trial and statements changing and refusal to testify etc.
    He's no saint, but didn't deserve death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Jimmy Wopo has been shot dead as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

I've no doubt that some of the things that he has been doing where to smooth over his appearance, but by all accounts he was trying to sort himself out.

To the extent of not wanting to go to prison, not really on a massive self improvement vibe.
    He's had some life and battled with mental illness along the way.

Ah that excuses it so, can't be an abusive, violent piece of sh*t if you've had a hard life.
    He was accused of horrendous stuff, and you'd have to question the legitimacy of those claims given the delays in getting to trial and statements changing and refusal to testify etc.

The refusals to testify and changing of statements resulting in seven counts of witness tampering and witness harassment being loaded onto him. Coercing his girlfriend that he beat the eyelids off into not testifying.
    He's no saint, but didn't deserve death.

Go around baiting lads into feuds and trying to big yourself up into a big bad gangster lad, don't be surprised when some dangerous fella with a gun has enough of your mouth.

No one would defend this lad if he didn't put out a few tunes and a few girls didn't think he was pretty. Imagine your neighbour being this lad, you wouldn't spend a tenth of a second defending him.

• Advertisement

I'm not defending his actions at all. I don't think we know the full extent of his actions.

He didn't deserve death is what I am saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

From the reports it sounds like he was robbed at gunpoint by two scumbags and then shot, could have happened to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Boom_Bap wrote:
    He didn't deserve death is what I am saying.

Scumbag deserved worse ur right

Jesus, I just read that he was robbed, then the 2 guys went back and executed him, in broad daylight.
    There were apparently a lot of people standing around taking pictures and recording all this as it was happening. When it was discovered who it was people were rushing over to take pictures and video of X dying without trying to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Jesus, I just read that he was robbed, then the 2 guys went back and executed him, in broad daylight.
    There were apparently a lot of people standing around taking pictures and recording all this as it was happening. When it was discovered who it was people were rushing over to take pictures and video of X dying without trying to help.

how very black mirror

• Advertisement

and now video's appearing on social media....I wouldn't mind, they are appearing on some of the bigger sites social platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That's the part I'm absolutely flabbergasted by. What have we come to as a society that a lad gets shot, is dying in front of you, and you think "ah great, better pull out the phone, imagine how many likes/RTs this'll get me" instead of calling an ambulance and checking to see if he had a pulse. Can't say I was the biggest fan of his, I never really listened to him bar a song or two, but he definitely didn't deserve to be shot dead, and at only 20 years old.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

2 other Miami rappers - Soldier Kidd and Soldier Jojo - are attracting a lot of heat on this.

A few hours before the murder, Kidd shared the following on Instagram:

2YsF1fYl.png

Note the gun in his lap - Hook, Fish and Chicken is a diner that's an 8 minute drive from Riva Motorsports, where X was killed.

726rze3l.png

The police dispatch gave a description of the shooter(s):
    2:40 PM PT -- Broward Co. Sheriff's Dept. says XXXTentacion has been pronounced dead.

According to the dispatch call the suspects were described as 2 black males wearing hoodies, and the shooter was wearing a red mask.

The car has been confirmed as a black Dodge Journey, with dark tint and black wheels.

Kidd also posted the following on Instagram yesterday BEFORE the murder - note the red mask on the passenger seat.

UY02fYIl.jpg

That was 21 hours ago, so around 5pm Irish Time or 12 noon in Miami, so it's probably from the night before (it was still daylight when X was shot yesterday - around 4pm). Either way, it's not a case of these 2 guys looking for publicity off the back of the murder as the Red Mask photo was both taken and posted on IG before X was shot.

The comment with the picture mentions "Triple X" and a bullseye target, though it's arguable that he was referencing his own mixtape which happens to be called XXX.

The other guy - Jojo - posted an Instagram story AFTER the murder of him wearing the red mask. He put the date June 2 on it, but it was posted on Instagram only yesterday evening.

xFlDfhql.png

They've deleted some of the instagram stories now, though the picture of the mask in the car is still there.

TL;DR - X was shot outside a Motorcycle Dealer by 2 gunmen, one of whom was wearing a red mask. 2 idiot rappers from Miami "checked in" to a diner on social media that's 8 minutes away from the dealership. They posted a picture of themselves with a gun, and with a red mask in their car. All before the shooting took place.

Apparently there is a video from the shooters (probably them lads above) of them approaching XXX, the video turns off, then moments later back turns back on to XXX having being shot.
    There are also video's of him in the dealership just before it all happened as well.

Apparently there is a video from the shooters (probably them lads above) of them approaching XXX, the video turns off, then moments later back turns back on to XXX having being shot.

First I've heard of that and I've been glued to this story (sad, I know! :o) but where did you read that?

JaMarcus wrote: »
    First I've heard of that and I've been glued to this story (sad, I know! :o) but where did you read that?
    There is talk about it in the comments on on the WSHH report.
    It looks like the videos had been posted there but removed judging by the flow of the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

He did a lot of bad stuff but he's a 20 year old with infinite potential and talent and unlike the vast majority of popular rappers today, he had something different about him and didn't just follow the current blueprint. An awful waste of life even if he has done some awful things, he's 20 ffs, what a waste of life.

I couldn't say I'd be a huge fan of his but he has some great tracks here and there. Look At Me will go down as an anthem of this era and tracks like Jocelyn Flores and Riot are fantastic. I could listen to an album of tracks like that all day and I would barely listen to Hip Hop any more but he had amazing versatility and vision. Unsurprisingly a tonne of established members of the community have paid tributes including guys like Kanye, Diddy, Preemo, Lupe. He clearly made an impact in his extremely short life and career.

Those videos floating around make for awful chilling viewing. RIP

I watched today's episode of Everyday Struggle. Tough one to watch as Akademics had become close friends with XXX and is still raw from the news. He also skims around how he has changed his life dramatically in the last 5 months, not excusing his past, but trying to become a better person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I saw this tweet that summed it up nicely IMO.

https://twitter.com/anugiynigga/status/1008827496421261318?s=21

I was a big fan of X so this shocked me. I swear must have listened to 17 for a month straight last year and I still do regularly. He was gonna do big things in hip hop as a previous poster said he had something different to offer. Some of his lyrics have been twice as real since his death and i find it extremely sad he knew he was going to die young.

He had his demons definitely and I don’t condone some of his reported actions, but since he got released from prison earlier this year he seemed intent on turning his life around and taking responsibility for his past.

There’s been some disgusting things said on social media and that video doing the rounds is haunting.

But at the end of the day, I don’t think anybody deserves to be gunned down at 20.

RIP X

Witness gives his version of events - claims it wasn't a red mask, but red bandanas. Though some of the stuff he claims is a bit weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

This is an interesting tribute to XXX

Advertisement