Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Sagging Roof

Options
  • 12-12-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Hi, our roof has begun to sag, from what I've read this can be a very serious problem, so I am worried about costs, does anyone have experience in this, what would be the worst case scenario cost wise?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

If you provide more detail maybe the guesstimate can be refined

Otherwise, get 3 quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

BryanF wrote: »

If you provide more detail maybe the guesstimate can be refined

Otherwise, get 3 quotes

Thank you for replying, wow... that's a lot....

I'm not sure what I can give details wise, to give some back story about a month ago we had gutters replaced and the guy who came out said our felt was rotten and needed to be replaced, he was very insistent and wanted cash up front, I told him we'd just go with the guttering for now as I wasn't sure if he was on the level and with that he took the money for the guttering and drove off, no receipt. Since then I noticed a slight sagging in the roof on the front, above the box room. I can't be sure if it was there before, I'm sure he would have mentioned it while he was up there, or if they damaged the roof themselves.

Ok sorry maybe I was wasn’t clear. What size is roof ?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

sounds like he was a member of an ethnic minority looking to exploit you, get a reputable tradesman in to have a look, probably nothing wrong

bfclancy wrote: »
    sounds like he was a member of an ethnic minority looking to exploit you, get a reputable tradesman in to have a look, probably nothing wrong

The roof is sagging? Sounds like the op ignored good advice?

mod note, as per forum charter, we will not be discussing or entertaining racist remarks in this forum. thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement