Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about windows

Options
  • 02-12-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I've got windows replaced to 3-glased white pvc (average price, not top of the range).

I still here noise at front bedrooms from cars driving at the front of the house or if wind is very strong (house in rather quiet estate). Is it OK or something wrong with windows?

Thanks for reading and your opinion / advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Andrew_dub wrote: »
    I've got windows replaced to 3-glased white pvc (average price, not top of the range).

I still here noise at front bedrooms from cars driving at the front of the house or if wind is very strong (house in rather quiet estate). Is it OK or something wrong with windows?

Thanks for reading and your opinion / advice.

Get them checked by the installer.

Do you mean triple glazed?
    What do you mean not top of the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Andrew_dub

kceire wrote: »
    Get them checked by the installer.

Do you mean triple glazed?
    What do you mean not top of the range?

Yes, triple glazed.

I compared prices in few companies and chose middle price.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dusteeroads

Likely culprit is joints between windows and wall is not filled and sealed well.
    Or could be wall air vents.
    Or roof soffit vents.
    Windows are probably fine and noise is by passing them.

Advertisement